Pain for 1 year-please HELP! Pics/story attached

Posted , 7 users are following.

No idea where to start. But let’s give it a go and I’ll try to keep it short.

In August 2017 (see picture) I started experiencing more discharge than before. White and no smell. Went to the gyn 2 times. Was told yeast infection both times. Was prescribed diflucan. Nothing changed.

January 2018–I was OBSESSED with inspecting down under. Now I don’t know if I caused the tear in picture 1 or if it was there and I happened to be inspecting. My discharge did finally decrease and almost went away. Went to the gyno. She said everything seemed normal. Did basic std tests, trich, yeast, etc. everything normal.

The 1-6 photos are the progress in order of the healing of the tear or cut. Those span about a month. It continued healing fully until March/April. I saw another gyno at this point. He told me the scarring looked like healed herpes. So he tested me for that, all STDs, and diabetes. I let him know that I haven’t ever been penetration sexually active, that I had 2 boyfriends that had performed oral on me once each and few years back, and that I had cold sores (hsv1) since I was a baby.

All tests standard std tests negative and diabetes negative. Igg/igm for hsv2 negative. Igm hsv1 negative. Igg hsv1 positive. This was expected since I have lived with it my whole life. He said most likely hsv 1 but that I was healed and didn’t need meds and should be back to normal soon.

Fast forward a few months. Still in pain. Decided to try taking my valtrex (I have it for coldsores) to heal it quicker.

Fast forward to now. Almost a year since my pain/discomfort started. I have no idea what is wrong with me?? It constantly feels like there is sand paper between my vulva. Touch nor urination bother or hurt me. My discharge has recently increased again. I occasionally have a pain down there (vulva or clit??) where pressure applied hurts and causes discomfort.

Anyone have any input? I want to have some research to take to my next gyno. Does it look/sound like hsv 1? I just never knew that could last a year. So I’ve even looked into lichen schlerosis, severe yeast infections, and vulvodynia. Please provide any input! I just want to stop the discomfort!

imageimage

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi yes sometimes no one responds , sorry to hear that happened to you . curious abour the set of pics with the dates in it because the latest date the color is differrnt ?

• Posted

So sorry youre going through this. So i will tell you I dont think you have genital herpes since there is no lesions. Pain and discomfort can be associated with many things in the vaginal region. Do you have strange discharge all the time? Like yellow, green, or yeasty? From the looks of it you look like you have inflammation which can be cause by vulvovaginitis. Instead of freaking out and researching everything under the sun, I would go to your gyno ASAP with an emergency appointment and tell them the pain is unbearable. Don't sound like a hypochondriac as alot of the time gynos will tell you nothing is wrong (happened to me) Tell them how long youve been experiencing the pain ane that you desparately want the pain to go away. Are you sexually active? If so, does sex hurt or cause bleeding?

• Posted

First of all, thank you for taking the time to respond! Being able to talk to others is so comforting and helpful.

Not all the time. And never strange. White, creamy, no smell. It started aug 17-dec17...saw a doctor 3x during that period and was told yeast infection/normal. Went to see someone else and she said I was also normal. Around then the discharge lightened and mostly stopped. So no discharge from Feb 18-Oct 18. It just recently picked back up. Not as much, but more. Not sure why.

Yea I have an appointment booked but they wouldnt fit me in until Feb because I moved and am a new patient. I only jumped to the conclusion of herpes when the one gyno i saw said the scarring could have been scarring from herpes. I dont really want to see him again though. He literally asked me if i ever had a pee pee in my vee vee. I was like excuse me what??

I am not sexually active and havent ever been, so im not sure about that.

• Posted

wow girl! I READ your entire story and I AM amazed how similar it is to mine. I ALSO had the discharge that does not smell and the gyno always gave me yeast infection medication and it would go away a little but not completely and I FINALLY learned that the discharge was NOT yeast infection. YEAST infection will look clumpy white/gray and in my case a little tiny bit of neon green. (which goes against most websites) BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS is discharge with little to no smell, usually white, you will see it a lot if you wear underwear that are not made out of cotton such as polyester etc. MY DOCTOR gave me a doze of MEtr0n!daz0le 500 m g X2 a day and this cleared up my annoying discharge that had been going on for months. IN addition I STARTED to only wear cotton underwear and drink lots of water.your story sounds more like bacterial vaginosis which is not an STD. Talk to ur doctor and see how that goes and please message me! i would love to keep in touch since it seems we have similar symptoms.

• Posted

Hi!! Thank you for taking the time to respond and try and help me!!! It means so much:)

Yea ive had yeast infections before...had a slew of them one year. And my discharge was like cottage cheese then. This one im having is totally normal, just more.

The only issue with that is I think my doctor tested me for BV when I went there and was told I was clear for everything. I could totally drink way more water though hahahaha. Did you ever have discomfort? But yes, I will keep you posted!! I'm going to ask about everything haha. Someone even told me it could possibly be lichen schlerosis. Apparently that also causes increased white doscharge during flare ups. Also causes scarring. So hoping my doctor can give me some guidance. But i couldnt get in until Feb!!!

• Posted

you know, I TESTED negative for bacterial vaginosis but the doc went ahead and gave me the medicine i mentioned about. It seems the swabs the gyno uses arent always as reliable as it is heavely dependent on enough discharge to test on the swab and the grow cultures from them. try it out if you feel like it is taking over ur life. it helped me.

best of luck

• Posted

Oh wow! I didnt know that. Thank you! I'll have to try to get my doctor to prescribe me that, thank you so much for your advice!!

• Posted

how long did everyones bump(s) last before filling with fluid or bursting?

do they ever go away without bursting?

were they firm? soft?

hurt to touch?

bump ever last more than 2 weeks without bursting?

• Posted

Hi there!

I cant answer because i never had bumps/sores down under. I did have the aformentioned tear. That took about 3 months to heal.

I have had cold sores my whole life though. That usually starts as a tingle. Creates multiple small bumps. Next day I wake and they are fluid filled. If i dont take my valtrex upon first feeling, it stays fluid filled for 3ish days. Scabs. Then usually has about 3 more days to fully heal especially with cracking open and the wet enviroment. They always burst at some point. Usually on accident tbh. Usually soft once filled with fluid. Never last longer than 1-2 weeks to full healing.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

ive had alot of discharge problems and yeast infections i stopped eating meat dairy products and cut back on sugar. sugar causes alot of yeast. that fixed my problem. try a vegan diet. more organic veggies & fruit intake and more water.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.