pain form costochondritis/ Tietze

Posted , 3 users are following.

Dr has said I may have costo, as have been having tenderness under left breast for some time now, some times it is not bad and I can just feel something there, but other times I cant lay on my side and shooting pain in breastt as well. my top upper rib on right about 2ribs  below collar bone seems to protrude more that the left and more so when I exert myself, never pain that I cant stand, but have had the stabbing chest pain and feeling like it coud be heart all drs i have seen never given me any tests even when asked. I fee like giving up x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, costo is a b-tch, in every thinkable way. I dont even complain to my doctor anymore. Doctors do not care about this non exciting, not deadly illness. It is jus a nuicanse to them, especially if you are an elderly lady.

I even visited a rheumy, he didnt even touch my ribs, didnt see the swellings around the collar bones. Did not care to look. It once started in my left breast, now it is back in my breasts - now both. It is in my back, in my jaw, in my shoulders. I have waited for heart checks, gonna do them pretty soon, but my heart seems Ok when they listen to it, so do my lungs. But I have this pain everywhere around my breast cage, it waxes and waines, better one day, worse the next PLUS so many more weird symptoms. I just want to know if it is caused by (or do I have?) : a) fibro b) lupus c) psoriatic arthritis c) Lyme disease d) just the frigging costo/Tietzes itself and "nothing" more. Nobody is going to be able to tell that in the shorter run, maybe after years or so. Makes me depressed.

Do I need to tell that the rheumy suggested that long list. I could have told him all this, I already knew that it could be any of those. I even added: You forgot the anxiety from the list.

For some of them there are no tests and the most controversial one is the Lyme disease. Yes, I was bitten by a tick 2011 but did not have any reactions at all. So...

• Posted

No, its more of annoying and tender to touch. Sometimes there's a sharp pain, but that's just for a short period. But the feeling of costs is always there.

• Posted

I always worry as when reading evveryone seems to say is it so very painful and mine is not, but the tenderness comes and goes, the shooting pains come but last secs and then i just rest a lot as sacred to do anything incase i make it worse, the ache seems to be more pesistant for me, does it effect along the whole rib or just a small section seems like mine is close to the sternem (tender) and my rib under the breast along feels strange too x 
  • Posted

HI, it is hard to say exactly where the pain is located, it can be on the left side one day, the right side the next. Today I was doing heart ultra sound, I assumed the breast and the ribs would be tender to touch, they were, but just a little bit. Sometimes it is tender under te collar bones and I have swellings, too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.