Pain from cyst?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been waiting since December for an operation to have ovaries and tubes removed which is now being done on 28th May. This is being done because of a 9cm cyst on my right ovary. This was found as I was bleeding and it turned out to be a polyps which has been removed. I have no symptoms at all but because of family history I'm having them removed as a precaution. But the last couple of weeks i have been getting a weird pain at the top of my thighs - a sort of sore pain. Has anyone else ever had this? Is this totally unrelated to the cyst and could be general aches and pains-I'm 58 and have been working a lot in the garden, or am I even imagining it? My head has been working overtime. I'd be grateful for anyone's experience or advice. Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi pam,I was the same I didn't really experience any pain and at first was treated for a urine infection.i had A 100mm cyst on my left ovarie which was removed 3 half weeks ago now along with both my ovaries.to be honest I wouldn't do any gardening until after you've had it removed,as it involves a lot of bending and kneeling which will put pressure on the cyst.also these cysts are normally filled with fluid and have a tendency to move around a bit.before my op I did carry on doing most normal house chores,however I wouldn't lift anything heavy.just take it a bit easy until you have it removed.

• Posted

Thanks for that. My husband keeps telling me not to do so much (he's a doctor as well) but I broke my ankle last year and never got to do anything in my garden last year. We've only been in this house 18 months and the garden needs lots doing to it this time of year and I find it so hard to sit still. I honestly didn't realise I could possibly be hurting myself by all that bending but now it makes sense. Thanks very much. I ll just try and chill til after my op. Do you feel fit again now. Did you used to get pain in your legs before your operation
    • Posted

Hello pam,I'm doing ok.in my experience I would say you definitely need to just rest up after the op for a few weeks to allow everything to heal.i had to have laparotomy as the cyst was too big to remove via keyhole.i got myself in a terrible state before the surgery,however I can honestly say it wasn't half as bad as I expected.i was very well looked after in hospital and was fortunate enough not have been seen to in a private hospital through the nhs.that was purely luck though.i was able to drive after 2 half weeks,but I still can't walk very far as i find it uncomfortable.i haven't experienced any complications and everything is healing nicely,but it's really important to rest up after and don't do or lift anything too soon x
    • Posted

forgot to mention,I didn't experience pain in my legs,but remember everyone is different,and your still being very active by the sounds of it. I know it's hard  and I'm no doctor but please stop gardening
    • Posted

Hi Theresa, I had my op just over 2 weeks ago to remove tubes and ovaries by laparotomy surgery. I am still sore inside and it feels strange when I go to the toilet, did you experience this, apart from that and a bit uncomfortable I am fine
    • Posted

Hi Brenda,I was uncomfortable going to the toilet as well and even now I'm still a little sore.when you think about it though our insides have taken a bit of a bashing so it will take time to heal.my insides feel bruised more than anything else.im definitely on the mend and haven't had any complications.i feel tired a lot,however I'm guessing this is because I can't do much at the moment and the less I do the more tired I feel.i was told I will go straight into the menopause,going to wait and see how this affects me before I decide if I should go on hrt

• Posted

T hank you for reply, they dont tell you anything in hospital just give you a leaflet on what to do and not to do, I have tried walking everyday but not far and yes it is uncomfortable.As I am 66 I dont have to worry about hrt, as for the tiredness I find the less you do the more tired you get.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.