Pain from elbow to 5th finger with tingling feeling

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 4 days ago I elbowed the baby gate on the stairs in my house and since I have been getting really bad throbbing pains and a tingling feeling up my arm, occasionally feeling like pins and needles it has deteriorated other the past 2 days and I have been in agony with it. I have took many paracetamol tablets and ibruphen creams which didn’t help at all. I have tried a support bandage but that made the pain worse. When I put pressure on it or run it under cold water or put ice on it, it gets worse. It is really painful when I straighten it and when I straighten it fully it clicks.

In my opinion it’s something to do with my ulnar nerve but have not yet been able to get an appointment at the doctors. I just wanted an idea of what it could be. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The ulnar nerve affects movement and feeling in the 4th & 5th fingers, so that might be getting compressed or pinched somehow. You need to see someone who can help with this, it won't just "go away". Good luck!

• Posted

Its been about 5 days now and the pain is still really bad ive been to a&e this morning and they said there is nothing wrong with it at all. She said take more pain killers and if it’s still there in 3 days time I have to go back. I’m already taking loads of them. Is there anything I can do to take the pain away. No matter how many painkillers I take the pain stays the same.

• Posted

Pain killers won’t do any good if the ulnar nerve is trapped in the cubiral

Tunnel or along the path. 

Try a massage down ur arm or acupuncture to try and free up the nerve.

Forget ice that annoys nerves but heat may calm it

• Posted

I was thinking chiropractic may help get the nerve unpinched or uncompressed. Gabepentin is supposed to be a pain reliever for nerve pain, and I think warmth and gentle massage are good too. I hope you can find relief soon!
  • Posted

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that since it happened after elbowing the babygate, its probably pinched at the elbow, and movement of the elbow may be aggravating it. Immobilizing it in a brace, seeing a orthopedic doctor specializing in elbows, a chiropractor or a PT may help you get it back in place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.