pain from sentinel tag

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had botox for anal fissure last Wednesday, since then I have been experiencing very severe pain from a sentinel tag/pile, the pain is severe all day and more so after a bm, any one else suffered like this?

Thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lorraine!

I had this experience several times and I thought I should share my experience with you as a service to humanity.

I had anal fissure first time two years ago. The pain was so severe at its extreme that i got fainted several times. I also went to doctors. And as doctors always want to go for surgery, i was advised for surgery and botox as well.

But instead of going for the surgery I researched the internet and contacted several doctors and patients online. And I concluded that never go for surgery. It cures for some time but if u will not cut the root cause, it will come back like a monster.

My suggestion to you:

you would came across with several online articles that that a seize bath and apply some creams as well. Thats good. But please first of all change your living style. Please do the following things:

*Never sleep after breakfast, lunch or dinner for almost two hours.

*Exercise a lot.

*If you have a worse condition of anal fissure, then take seize baths 5 to 6 times a day.

*Also for the worst condition, apply GTN cream on the effected area.

OK now the most important point

*This is all caused by the poor condition of your stomach. and for the dummy term, it is like you have acidity in your stomach which leads to an acidic poop, which effects the sensitive part which is anus. So first cure your stomach. for this, I wold advise you to take one tablet of Folic Acid after Break fast and Dinner daily. Use Folic acid for the first ten days. you will see the result.

Remember FOLIC ACID is the key for the stomach to get back to normal. i dont know how but it really really works. but not more than two tablets daily.

So, follow my instructions, and let me know the result.

​Cheers.

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, Im so sorry that after you had a botox injection you are still suffering in awful pain. Could you please tell me what the Doctor explained to you before he began the treatment.

I had a very bad attack with my fissure about 2 years ago was told it was caused through constipation i eat well and do lots of walking,with the ointment i was using it went away.But its now returned and i do not know why,i was reffered to a consultant last week,who said that he was going to give me Botox in about 3 weeks time.

Again im really sorry that you are still in awful pain as i understand i thought that botox heals the fissure and makes the pain go away.

Clive.

• Posted

Hi Clive

When I left hospital on the afternoon of my procedure I wasn't given any advice at all.

I wasn't told what to expect or whether to continue with creams etc, but I did as I started experiencing severe pain on the Thursday (I had botox on Wednesday).

I have this morning been to see my Gp who told me that the botox takes up too 2 weeks to start working and being effective.

She has also given me a prescription for instillagel (which is a high dose of lidocaine to help numb the area.

I wish you luck Clive, at this moment in time I wish I hadn't gone through with it but it's still early days!!!

Kind regards

Lorraine

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, Thank you very much for your quick reply it is very much apprciated,i really hope that you are feeling a lot better.

I suppose with any surgery it does take a couple of days for it to heal,its incredible how quickly the body repairs itself,so im sure you will be feeling better very soon.

The ointment i am using at the moment is called RECTOGESIC i use this on the outside of my anus i use this 2/3 times a day. and im finding that it does releive the pain .

I feel that i have no choice but to have the Botox surgery as i feel i cannot go through life using the ointemnt for ever.Also i have been taking one sachet of powder disolved with water every night for the last few months called Laxido which helps to break down my stools.

I will need to ask the Consultant questions,

Do i still continue to use Rectogesic.

Also do i still take Laxido.

Thinking of you Lorraine and all of us that are suffering in pain.

Take Care.

Clive

• Posted

Yes the pain is intense - I am now on my 4 th operation since Nov last year my next is Wed - life has been so hard I had a hellish time - this is the best I have been since my last operation in March! I pray this is my last one. I have a Seton drain in since November with all the problems of it! This is the best I have felt for a couple of years! The drain seems to be working and the daily discharge is small. No pain when in the toilet but been on penicillin since last operation and take a laxative solution daily! 

I watch what I eat and pray this is the end of a long journey! I have never experienced anything like thus in my life and have so much sympathy for those who are having problems!

• Posted

Hi everyone, it's now 19 days since I had botox, and things are going really well. Initially I had pain and blood after b/m, but these past 5 days I haven't had any horrible side effects after b/m, I think I am now glad I had it done, how successful it was will only be apparent after a few months - fingers crossed!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.