Pain from vaginal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repair.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am wondering what pain is normal. I am 11 days out from vaginal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repair. I have had constant pain in the three areas: urethra and bladder neck (the water balloon on the end of the catheter was brutally painful), the left peri-anal area, and my left hip flexor area. The latter pain spreads down into my left thigh- has anyone else had this last one?

0 Reply

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I wonder if hip pain is from having legs in stirrups during surgery. I've had right hip pain since my op last April and I'm about to have cortisone injection next week to hopefully sort it. Try rubbing some ibuprofen gel on the hip area. It may ease it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.