Pain getting worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

For two months now ive been getting aching pains and pins and needles down left arm, chest and sometimes leg. I alsoalso get sharp pains across chest area. For past week now it has felt as though someone is pressing on my chest amd squeezing my inside on chest area, mainly left side and middle sometimes on right and upper stomach area. Today though I have had this severe crushing pain in my going from just under breast round to back on each side, every time I drink something I get a sharp pain down my chest and back making it hard to drink. Any advice would be great, if you need more info feel free to ask!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Nikki19101, I strongly recommend that you see your GP as an emergency appointment. I don't have a clue, but the symptoms that you are describing doesn't sound good.

You can try 111 from your land line (free of charge) and they will tell you the best way to go about it. During the call they will ask if it is ok to pass on the information to your GP and he/she will get the full report of your situation.

• Posted

Hi mark ive seen various gps since it started. First I was told muscular skelotal so take cocodamol then was told anxiety. Last gp referred me to chiropractor who couldnt find anything wrong so wrote to gp who ive got to wait to see on 16th. Rung 111 this evening out of hours dr called back and said nothing to worry about go down to local a and e tomorrow morning. Cant get to a decent hospital as its half hour away by car and have no way of getting there and my local hospital cant run tests or do anything major.
    • Posted

See nikki19101, it sounds like it could be nerve damage, which comes under some kind of neuropathy.

Apart from the pain relief have you tried wrist supports too help with your hand/wrist?

There must be something causing it otherwise you would not be given pain relief.

Pop up to a walk in clinic and explain everything and pile it on thick.

If your having shaking as well tell the doctor that your having problems with it and you are having disturbed sleep.

Really go for it.

• Posted

Hi Nikki

Firstly do you live in UK >>.

If so the GP Practice & Hospital have a duty of care.

If GP is NOT helping go and see local councillor, explain everything what has happened. From now on written down how you feel, also contact you GP surgery  and  write down what has been said to you, DO NOT tell the surgery that you are writing what has been said to you. Go to A & E explain everything to them do NOT forget to write down what is said there. Get back to me.

• Posted

Hi David yes I do live in uk. My local a and e is a minor injuries unit who doesnt have beds or equipment to check you over properly so you just see a basic dr. I will be going there tomorrow then at least if they send me to the major hospital I can get a bus or train there. Will let you know what happens
  • Posted

Hi Nikki

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

Contact your MP elections are comming up they need ALL the support. I am frustrated in not being able to help.

Come back to me

• Posted

Hi all. Went to out of hours this morning, dr listened to chest and done an ecg which came back clear. He gave me strong dose of co codamol said its probably muscular skeletal and sent me on my way. Think its drs first thing monday
    • Posted

Keep chasing it nikki19101, no one knows your own body than yourself. So if nothing feels right, then its obvious that your going to act on it.

Good luck for Monday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.