Pain go away chronic costochondrtitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Cant sleep. Medications don't work. Can't put socks and shoe's without excruciating pain. Left hand side of my ribs, breast and sternum. Totally in agony. Need to sleep. Cant take time off work. Headaches hot and cold sweats. Dry mouth runny nose all because of this crap. And I am frigging healthy wtf 😭

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you. I hope that you improve and get back to your healthy life!

Here are a few things I wish I would have known when I got it...

- Don't stretch. It just makes it worse

- Ice it. Chest and back. (with a shirt on, and not for too long) The reason I ice my back is because your ribs go from front to back. It feels good, IMHO.

- Take an Advil or two (if you can)

- Heat it before bed. Really calms your ribs and helps you sleep (with a shirt on, and not for too long)

- Go on walks. This especially helps keep you healthy. Walking is not much, I know, but it keeps your ribs moving. Make sure you keep good posture when doing this, but don't over do it.

These are some of the things that really help me. Good luck!

• Posted

How horrid it makes you feel when pain decided to remind you it still can and does not completely go away.

I do all usual stuff have a bath, I use a chilli rub that helps a lot but takes a couple of days. Keep calm and you breathing will do small movements in chest/ribs. We all cope differently I do use yoga (when I get time) gentle and calm movements.

I always say one day at a time. Do remember that you are allowed to get meds.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you i am taking celebrex and an antiflammatory cream too ☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.