pain horror

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there

This is a rather long post so I will try to do this by points.

"attack" - severe pain where gal bladder used to be. Followed by vomiting. Lasts anything from 1 to 6 hours. After vomiting the pain is relieved and then builds up untill I vomit again. After a while I only vomit "gal" bitter green.

* Gal bladder removed 10 years ago.

* 3 weeks after - 1st "attack"

* Phoned the surgron who said its quite normal

* I seemed to have a lot of "normal attacks"

* Started to figure out eating regularly helps prevent attacks

* Figured out to stay away from any thing containing apple *food and drink). Stay away from all wines. Only drink whiskey. And drink NO pain killers. I can only drink pure paracetamol. Eating or drinking any of these gives me an attack within minutes after consumtion.

* I have permanent pain where my gal bladder used to be

About a month ago I suddenly had a severe pain in my upper left abdominal area, as though something has burst. And felt like there is a waterbaloon moving in there

* Rushed to see my surgeon

* Admitted to hispital

* Blood test - picked up a thyroid problem (not related to pain)

* Sonar - nothing

* Ct scan - nothing

* Gastro an colonoscopy - just a bit of inflamation but nothing to be worried about

* After anastetics they struggled to wake me up because of extreme low bloodpresure and low oxigyn levels

* Kept over night for observation

* Discharged from hospital with antibiotics for inflamation

Over the next few days I was feeling better but the pain was still there.

2 weeks after being discharged the pain got worse

* Pain spreaded from left to left and right upper abdomen.

* Pain spread over the whole abdomen

* Lumps formed over my ehole stomach area

* Had another attack for 5 hours

* Had trouble breathing

* Back to surgeon

* Admitted to hospital again

* Blood tests - low cortisol levels ( what ever that means)

* Mri scan - normal

* Low oxigyn levels

* Very dizzy

* Extreme low blood presure

So technically there is nothing causing the pain. BUT THE PAIN IS SO BAD I CANNOT EVEN WALK.

So the surgeon decided to do a ERCP to check for a bile duct stone. I am going to teater tomorrow

Is there anyone who can relate to the same simptomes

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennie well I have my op in 2 weeks but just decided to cancel what's the point of having the op if you still get the same symptoms afterwards

• Posted

Hi Michelle i have my op on Saturday 3rd December and must admit reading some ofthese posts has put me off. But saying that i know lots of people who have had it and are perfectly fine. Its your decision but i'm going ahead after waiting so long just to be able to eat normally and hopefully get rid of this nausea and bloating. Good luck Jill

• Posted

Thanks Jill hope everything goes ok let me know how it goes im still unsure what to do
    • Posted

Thanks Michelle i will definitely let you know how it goes. I spoke to someone today who had the op some years ago. He went in had it done came home and all he had was a pain in the right shoulder. He's fine now and can eat anything without a problem . Anyhow heres hoping. Take care. Jill

• Posted

Oh boy I hate that when patients are not treated for the pain and the docs don't dig in to find a diagnosis.

It took me 8 doctors and 10 years of galstone attacks before a doc finally did a X-ray and spotted the stones. He was a gastrointerologist very kind and sympathized with my mission to find the source of the severe pain. He said I was lucky not to also have pancreatitis caused by the stones. I never forget the doc saying, " Here it is pointing to the X-ray, gallstones caught in the bile duct and we'll get that gallbladder out", I was so glad to finally have a diagnosis. I never forgot his words. 

Breathing is something we all take for granted,but a gallstone attack can make every breath so painful it so obvious that it's a gallstone attack. 

Keep pushing for a diagnosis. Your body is precious and sometimes we have to be our own advocates to really dig in and get the medical diagnosis we need to recover and feel whole again. 

There is no need to suffer with the pain any longer. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.