Pain in abdomen after falling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last week, I tripped and hit the lower right side of my abdomen on a blunt object. It hurt a lot at the time, but the pain went away after a day or two. However, since then, I've been getting dull aches in the same spot. There's no bruise, but when I touch the area with my hands, it feels like there's a hard bump under the skin. For the first few days, it also hurt when I touched that area or when anything pressed up against it, but that's mostly gone away. I know pain on the lower right side of the abdomen can be a symptom of appendicitis, but since the problems were caused by trauma, I don't know if that's a cause for concern. Still, I'm worried and not sure what to do. Does this seem like something that'll go away on its own, or should I see a doctor? It's been ten days now and I haven't had any real problems, but it hasn't gotten better either.

If it's relevant: I'm 30 years old, male, and in relatively good health despite being slightly out of shape.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

RJay, you could have some internal bruising causing you pain and lump or something more serious. If I were you I would go see a doctor since it is still persisting. I bruise easily both externally and internally (a deep internal lump in the area that I bruised nothing the eye could see, only feel when touched) but the pain goes away in a few days and the bump usually goes away after a week or so. See a doctor is my advice.
  • Posted

If it were your appendix, you would be throwing up and probably have a fever.  The lump in that spot was caused by the accident.  It's your body healing.  If you still have concerns make an appointment.  Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi

Running down the garden with a wheel barrow, I hit a log hidden in the tall grass. It thrust the wheelbarrow handle into my stomach causing the biggest Hernia the Consultant had ever seen.

At the very best you have torn the stomach muscle wich may take some time to heal and which may leave a permanent hard lump.

But also you may well have received a Hernia. If so it is easily repaired and nothing to worry about.

Nevertheless it is very important to let a Doctor check to see the extent of the damage. A small Hernia left without treatment can lead to complications.

Best wishes

• Posted

Sometimes the appendix can be damaged by an injury to the abdomen if the impact was hard enough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.