pain in and around armpits

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i am a 20 year old female, for a while now i have been having itching and pain under my armpits.

It progresses like this

It starta to itch on one side theb the other then it starts hurting in both, i have no redness or bumps that are visible? It hurta when i press down a little bit under where my armpit is too, my doctor told me to stop shaving etc but i dont think ots because of this? Any toughts?

Thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Itching is frequently associated with allergy of some kind, which may be due to something you have consumed. Review your recent diet for some new ingredient since you've experienced itching.
    • Posted

Sorry but wont a food allergy present itsself in a different way? Like itchy mouth and hives etc?
  • Posted

You may be sensitive to deodorant.  I was.  Instead I now use a make-up pad with rubbing alcohol to clean under my arms and do much better.  

Check you diet as well and your stress level.  The body may need a bit of fine tuning.

• Posted

Hini have never had this problem, only until recentley its more pain thab itching.
    • Posted

The body tolerates so much, till you're over a certain level.  And then lets you know when there is something off balance.  

For me it wasn't itching either.  Strange pain under the arms.  No longer using a deodorant made an instant difference.  Over the longer term things improved every so gradually.  

Still, it might be wise to visit a doctor to see whether there isn't something else wrong.  To be on the safe side.  

• Posted

I did and she said to stoo shaving

I stopped deoderent simce tuesday.

It might be women problems im not sure

• Posted

Give it a little bit of time.  Carefully observe how things evolve after a little while without deodorant.  For me it was clearly that.

Later I learned what all is used in deodorants.  Not pretty actually.  Small wonder my body reacted.  

• Posted

Thank you

Im just scared i have alot of anxiety and i always think something is wrong with me, it just worries me.

• Posted

Hi, sorry you are having this problem ,I also get very scared and worry when I have something wrong with me ,I know someone who had the same problem and they stopped shaving as shaving sometimes causes ingrown hairs and this is painfull ,also the skin under your arm pits can get so irritated at times from frequent shaving ,and when it's a bit irritated the deodorant will make it worse.

You need to give that area a break so no shaving for a week or so , and if you are not going out anywhere or doing activities that cause you to sweat a lot don't put on deodorant ,this will give the area a chance to breathe . Then go back to shaving but only every 3-4 days , hair won't grow that much in that short length of time ,and wear clothing that no one sees that area ,hope this helps .

• Posted

Hello cathy,

Thank you for your advice, i have been doing this and i feel some improvement already!!

Thank you again.

• Posted

Hi Kareen,

You have glands in your armpits. I get pains under my armpits when I am fighting infection. Sometimes it happens before I know I am ill. It can last for weeks and be very painful. I can sometimes feel lumps but these go as I get better. Sometimes I get them and whatever infection I have fails to show probably my ls. I have had things checked and there are no problems. This has happened to me for over 20 years. I now wait for a few weeks to see if things settle. Normally things improve in days. If they do not appear to be settling I go to my GP in case. I hope this might help.

• Posted

r "gland theory" is strongly indicated when as a tourist to some countries, one gets a typhoid shot. Indeed, sometimes these glands swell into painful lumps of the size of golfballs, until the wsystem absorbs. the injected (and weakened) bacteria within a few days. This is like what you describe as an infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.