Pain in ankle

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone had a shooting pain coming from ankle of operated

leg? Everyday seems a new pain.x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yep i get that its because your foot is not connecting the ground as it should ,due to probably not putting full weight on your foot ,its like your protecting your knee and by doing this your foot has to compensate for it the result ankle pain its horrible so painfull but like the rest it will improve try to stretch the toes back as away from the knee it realy helps
  • Posted

Just another nerve finding its way through the healing process. Nerves are the last damaged tissue to heal as they take so much longer than fleshy tissue and muscle. It will take months for all the nerves to be back in place and each one will give you a temporary distress signal as they heal and are being retrained
  • Posted

yep joan ive had that from day one but ONLY when I lift my leg into bed????? I put it down to the stress of walking on the bad leg??? so I swap my ice pak knee to ankle to knee lol
  • Posted

Hi Joan. I'm 3 weeks post TKR and I'm not getting pain in my ankle but I have developed a pain  in my hip in the past couple of days (which feels like the burning/aching arthritic pain before TKR).  I didn't know if this is normal?
    • Posted

I get that too . . I think it may very well be the tendon  . . going to go for some deep massages to see if that will improve it. 

• Posted

Very normal. Remember you are now starting to walk properly again and this activity is putting a strain on your entire skeletal system. Muscle get weak when they are not toned and the skeltal system is the same. Keep walking properly....heel, ball and toe, standing up straight and taking your time. Slow and steady and give it a couple of weeks. Be sure and rest, rest,rest. It'll all come back together but like every other part of this journey, it's bumpy and slow
    • Posted

Thank you.  Bumpy and slow seems to be a very good description!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.