Pain in back and what feels like a single rib sticking out

Posted , 3 users are following.

Past week or so I've had pain in my front and back at the bottom of my ribs. I went doctors as I thought It was kidney related. Urine test was perfect he said most likely muscular. It went off over night and came back when slouching on the PlayStation. I have always had a sticking out rib on my left side which I think was from birth. Like my right side is flat but my left side like curves out the wrong way. Never had pain from it. But since I've been having this pain I've looked up mainly left sided conditions and last thing I did was feel. And to me it feels as if either the bottom or next rib up is sticking out more than the rest. It's really painful when I move. Doesn't particular hurt when lying on my back or right side. I don't dare lie on my left side incase it worsens. I have been waking up on my right side or back so I must be subconsciously stopping myself from going on my left side. When I feel it it kinda feels like it's alot straighter than the rest like I can run my finger down it alot further than the other surrounding ribs. So I be concerned? Personally I think it's to do with my poor posture as I'm currently out of work with bad anxiety and stuff so I'm sitting alot playing games and such. Anyone had anything similar? Any help appreciated thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I must say that this pain rib that feels like it's sticking out is in my left lower back, not my front,I was just explaining my curved rib at front, sorry for poor description.

• Posted

Hi the worst thing you can do for your anxiety and your posture is to spend all day playing on computer type games etc, get up and get yourself moving, yes slouching can cause muscles to become tight which will in turn cause pain, do stretching and breathing exercises and good walking will also help for both.

Then if you hate your job so much start looking at a change of occupation by further education etc or same job different place

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.