Pain in big toe

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've been having pain in my big left foot toe. It's red and kinda swollen ish I'm not sure. My mom a had been putting peroxide or something on it which turned my toe kinds white but she said that's cause it's fighting something. It's not hangnail, I looked at it. And I'm not sure it's an ingrown nail because the nail part looks the exact same as my other big toenail on my right foot. But it hurts really really bad, the only thing that gets rid of the pain it soaking it in hot hot water. Which makes the redness go down a bit. What could this be??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hum she must think it's an infection. Maybe check with your doctor.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your toe pain. Could it be Gout? Would seek Doctors advise anyway. It might just be an infection in the area around the side of the nail which anitbiotics would cure. Hope you get it sorted soon.
  • Posted

Update: A very small tiny bit of the nail in the top corner has turned a yellowish white color. My mom bought this antifungal spray to see if that helps. It makes the pain go away but I have to reapply every couple of hours. Plus I've been using it since gesturing when my toe wasn't yellow but now today it is. rolleyes

• Posted

JulinaT, are you not able to make it to the Dr for some reason?  I wouldn't mess around with your toe. You have a long time to be walking on those feet of yours. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.