Pain in both legs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! smile 

I'm a 26 year old female. 4 weeks ago I started gym, my full time is on the desk and used to go straight to the gym, unfortunately I did not warmup / stretch. After a week, my left calf started to ache. I was very terrified as I thought it was a blood clot. I have been taking yaz pill for 6 years and it never gave me any trouble. I went to the doctor and he told me its not the case and it was a muscle/ nerve injury.

After a week my legs were ok but still I got a bit of aching / numbness so I went to the physio. I told her what I was thinking and she also told me it was not the case and the pain is coming from my lower back/ butt and goes straight to my legs. After a week on exercises I felt much better so I decided to wear heels. This is when my legs started to ache again. I went again and she told me the heels where the cause of the pain.

Now the pain started to be random, 2 days no pain then it starts again on the left and even on the right. Its very random, and its effecting all the leg even the back of the thigh. Any recommendations on this please? I'm quite scared, I'm going abroad very soon and I'm scared that something might happen when I'm there sad Its been almost 3 weeks since my pain started, Thanks! 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi there i get on and off leg pains and cramping all the time! 

Especially bad after exercise.. has been happening for about 2 years now and couldnt find the answer to the problem until just the other day i had a full spinal xray.. found out i have mild scoliosis (curving of the spine) and my hipes are 20mm away from being level.. causingmy leg pains

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Kurt! 

Does the pain feels like shooting pain? and sometimes aching pain? Right now im feeling both my legs uncomfortable and I also feel twitching. And again very random not always.

Thanks!  

• Posted

Yep! I get all sorts of weird pressures and pains and tingling.. go and see a chiropractor and see what they think.. sometimes all it takes is a slight movement and it puts pressure on your nerves 
    • Posted

Look into chiropractic treatment, I know they can align your hips which might help with your pain😊

• Posted

Also try magnesium supplements and bath salts it might help relax your muscles😊

• Posted

Thanks Kurt! will call a Chiropractor thanks for pointing this out as I did not know what a Chiropractor meant before you mentioned it smile Thanks again! 
    • Posted

I hope you get good results, sometimes it later takes a while, good luck with it😊

• Posted

Glad i could help! Hopefully a chiro pcan help you out, may take a few visits though as they just slowly manipulate your joints 
  • Posted

Try not to worry you probably have strained a muscle but because you have not rested it it's causing you more problems, don't over work it at the mo but keep active, try and walk around through the day for short periods even if it's a couple of minutes a few time per day it will keep the blood flowing, give yourself 6-8 weeks rest from the gym and  take advice from physio and doc.

Drink plenty water and 1-2 lts more when your exercising. When you do return to the gym stretch is very important then warm up for 15 minutes and cool down 15 mins, this will prevent further injury😊

• Posted

Hi! smile Thanks so much for your reply, yes I think I need to calm a bit down cause I'm doing more tension in my legs, in fact I had also felt arm pain (shooting pain) physio noticed that it was from anxiety, as I was straining my neck with a stiff posture. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac soo I get very alarmed easily smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.