Pain in both of my sides

Posted , 26 users are following.

For a few months now I've had these pains in both of my sides which hurt whenever I touch them. The pain is just below my ribs and feel it when I wake up. It can go throughout the day or last the whole day like it has now. Idont know how to describe the way it feels but it isn't really a sharp or achey pain. It making me very worried. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. Thanks.

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi John; sorry to hear about your pain. It could be several things; Abdominal pain is difficult to diagnose and GP's in UK go through several things; which can take an age; they always say IBS in the first instance so you have to be very determined. It may be nothing serious and just a changeof diet does asist; but it may be kidneys as opposed to IBS etc.. (remember; a vehicle can still work even if it's not in perfect condition).smile

Whatever it is and isn't; you need to change your diet; 1. to assist, and 2. to try determine perhaps what it is likely to be. Bladders can hold fluid we don't realise /feel and can affect the kidneys by flowing back up to the kidneys (so you could try not  drinking caffeine (which retains fluid) and restrict salt for a  day or two- giving the kidneys less to filter).. pancreas is hard to diagnose; but can be assisted with digestive enzymes from a health food shop. (stop drinking alcohol (if this applies), and reduce sugar intake. 

Eat anti oxidant foods (can also drink different 'teas' so as to reduce caffeine and assist toxins to be flushed out of the body..like nettle and blackberry - i am sure you get the idea; google anti oxidant foods ). Take an Iron supplement once in a while (don't overload your system with it though)..

if you get brain fog; for example; it may be that your blood needs 'cleansing' of toxins and your kidneys aren't working like 'new'.. or u just might require foods with water in them, to intake water - so your body doesn't have to 'work' so hard in the interim ..

Yes; it may be something more than this; and may still require investigation even if the symptoms 'are not there'; which is why it is helpful if you can determine if  diet helps; to desist the pain so you can concentrate on a) bladder/ kidney  test - fluid fast. b) liver test ??? c) pancreas test.(enzymes) .d) gallbladder (acid) and this can all be determined by you keeping a record of what does and doesn't affect the pain in the digestive department.. and you should know within the month (or two) what it 'may' be...i also found antibiotics worked for me for some reason and lessened hte pain; but i think that fluid had leaked into my abdomen which caused swelling, difficulty breathing, and nerve damage ; which can also have an affect on the bladder; so it is not easy to determine the sole 'cause' but we can help our bodies 'repair' and recover..

I hope this helps.. smile & wish you a speedy recovery..

Check your bladder function... like i say; until i had a test i thought my bladder was empty ; and it wasn't .. hence hte cause wasn't IBS but bladder and kidney.. took 6 years.. before i could get this addressed; and by then the damage was too late.. Gp kept saying IBS. it wasn't.

So here are a couple of things you can eat; which will (apparently)  be antioxidant (and assist kidney funciton);

Blackberries/ Raspberries  (heat up in a microwave and add icecream!!) smile

Red Grapes

Tomato Juice (or soup) ( add turmeric which is an anti inflammatory)

Beetroot/ onion (large or spring) radishes etc.. carrots , applies(dip in onion and garlic dip)..(anti oxidants with water)

i am not saying that your situation is only diet or bladder realted (i can't really know) however  i do think that it is the only way you will discern if it is food related (abdominal is all about what you digest and excrete)...

• Posted

Hi,

I have always had difficulties with controlling my bladder, till I found a suitable place to ease myself, sometimes I leak. I have as well had reoccurring UTI which was tested for and treated. But, just last Sunday, I start experiencing frequent urinating with needed urgency. I have leaked on my body severally in public since it stated. A friend cancelled me to practice the hold and release exercise whenever I am urinating since it could be due to weak bladder muscle. Only this time I feel and irritation and urge to empty but, no pains, even when I try holding back. Then, today came this pain on both sides at my lower ribs. I have read through the thread and I thought to know what my symptoms could be resulting from.

From your discussion, I feel that my effort to train the bladder by holding back the urine may be affecting my kidney.

Can you help with suggestions?

• Posted

Hi

From what I know, holding back your bladder is a bad thing and if you are holding back constantly, there is a very good chance that in your bladder they may be these dark stuff, which in turn you may have to get surgery to get them out. And if you don't there is a chance where constantly going is a must.

Im not a professional so I would recommend that you go to a doctor and tell him your symptoms.

• Posted

Hi John,

I had the same pain  and I am going for a scan next week as the doctor suspects kidney stones. Are you urinating more than usual? if so this could be an indication that the kidney stone has lodged in the bladder...ask your GP to refer you for an renal ultrasound scan...best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Lilian,

I have always had difficulties contrilling my bladder till I found a suitable place to ease myself, sometimes I leak. I have as well had reoccurring UTI which was tested for and treated. But, just last Sunday, I start experiencing frequent urination with needed urgency. I have leaked on my body severally in public since it stated. A friend cancelled me to practice the hold and release exercise whenever I am urinating since it could be due to weak bladder muscle. Only this time I feel and irritation and urge to empty even when I try holding back. Then, today came this pain on both sides at my lower ribs. I have read through the thread and I thought to know what my symptoms could be resulting from. 3j30542 already said something about fluids in the bladder that could trouble the kidney and you as well mentioned frequency of urinating.

Can you help with suggestions?

• Posted

Hi

You need to see your doctor and have him refer you to a Urologist who will carry out a cystoscopy to check your bladder is normal on the inside. If it is they will carry out a CT Scan to see if you have anything pressing down on your bladder. If all ok there you will have a Urodynamics test to see if you have a sensitive or overactive bladder.

If they find anything on the bladder wall during the cystoscopy they will treat you accordingly....best wishes for a speedy diagnosis...

• Posted

Thanks Lilian.

I have done a CT scan earlier in the year when I had this same urgency and it was okay.

I think I will do the Urodynamics. Thanks much

• Posted

I'm having the same problem pain under both ribs , but hurts worse when I lay back, not so bad when I sit up. While I was laying down the pain was constant. Not so when I'm siting up. Like a ballon when your blowing air into it. . does that make since. It started all of a sudden and hasn't stoped.. But I am siting up so I'm n9t in pain. Any suggestions.

• Posted

Hi beckyjo

I have the same pain under both of my ribs. Have you found what it is? Is it muscle spasms? It really painful and it's starting to affect my moods. I have had my kidneys checked and they are fine. I just want this to go away ASAP!

• Posted

Maybe too much gas, if not an injury.
    • Posted

Hi Jana, I do have this pain ones in a while in the morning whenever I wake up from sleep, and I do feel movent like a gas in my stomach,the pain do last for 15 to 20 minute... Can you advise on this please.
  • Posted

Did you ever figure out what was it,I'm going through a similar ordeal.

• Posted

has anyone figured this out I have pain under both ribs my back. I feel funny too and my whole body also seems to hurt but those are the most problem areas 
  • Posted

John , This pain on the right side maybe the cause of your inflamed liver , Better take a routine lft or Gallstones , But both the sides maybe the reason on alcohol abuse or Hepatitis.Or gastritis , So better take a routine CBS , lft and an ultra sound.There is nothing to worry you will be fine.Just do the ultra sound.And detox your body.

• Posted

It is a disease that we treat if you have more problems, so can you treat it Today it is very 40 60 years of age
    • Posted

You can discussion me because we provide treatment this problems you can visit a website  on the  one  week I treat you http://prosman.in/  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.