pain in calf

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had painful cramps in my calf for nearly 2 days which is so painful to try and walk. My knee is also quite warm.

Anyone else have this 

Christine TKR 1 week 4 days

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine,

Without wishing to alarm you, I think it would be a good idea to get checked out for any clots if you are having calf pain.

Lynn 23 weeks post TKR

• Posted

Thankyou for your comments. I asked my cousin about this pain so I thought I would ask the forum as she told me same as you.

My partner has massaged it gently and I've been stretching it all day so hoping this helps. 

Will see how it is in the morning 

Christine TKR 1 week  4 days 

• Posted

I've just spent 4 hours in A & E having a full MOT.

thankfully all turned out ok

it's best to get checked out I guess

Christine TKR 1 week 5 days  

• Posted

Sometimes lack of fluids can cause cramps other times its lack of calcium. Try increasing your water intake by substantial amounts especially at bed time. Heat and massage might give some relief
    • Posted

Hi!

I am in Denver after just spending Thanksgiving with my daughter in Cimarron.

Returning to the UK tomorrow and will resume commenting on this forum.  Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, too.

• Posted

The kind I like in my old age, quiet and back home from one of the kids who lives close by. Hope you had an enjoyable visit. I'm in Kansas City and it has been miserably cold and unpleasant. Hope you are blessed with a safe and comfortable journey homeward. I know from experience its a little bittersweet leaving a loved one in a foreign country but the idea of getting back to your own home is exciting as well.
  • Posted

I had these cramps for several weeks.... I got muscle relaxants from gp . .my knee only cooled down a bit in the last week or so and I am 13 weeks on....I was advised to take magnesium supplement. For the cramps also. ... you will get them in any pharmacy.. take care 
  • Posted

I take magnesium for the cramps too, but I also drink a little tonic water, that helps.

But check it out with your GP anyway. 

Keep smiling

Caz

• Posted

My calf was so sore  I could barely touch it, and terrible pain if I flexed my foot. Made walking hard. I told my physio about it and he rigged up a series of tapes that he stuck on my calf and it REALLY helped. Then when I saw the surgeon's assistant at 2 weeks he sent me for an ultrasound - worried about blood clots - but it was negative (thank goodness). I'm just starting on week 4 now and my calf is still sore, but not nearly as much as originally.
  • Posted

Hi Christine yes ,I had the same for 2 to 3 days just after leaving hospital .my calfs were really painful and tender and what I kept doing was massaging them every couple of hours .And as you my knees were both quite warm .I had to wear the stockings for six weeks which stop the blood

clots so I wasn't to worried .The pain did subside after a couple of days .Also my knees westward for at least 6 weeks ,I think they have to be very warm to be concerned .But it is worth ringing the hospital just to let

Them know .I am 7 weeks post POT having had patello/femoral

replacement in both knees .Pain and knee movement are now getting a

lot better so it does take time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.