Pain in chest and back

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, first time poster here.

I had a double plorectomy around 14 years ago, the consultant said I had severely deformed lungs with blebs on blebs, in the letter to the go he also wrote that he did a generous right plural wedge (I have no idea what this ment) Talc wasn't used my consultant stripped the lining of my lungs then they were left to fuse to my rib cage. I had the epidural as constant said the pain would be horrendous.

Anyway Ive always suffered the odd ache and pain but for the past week I've had an awful pain in my back and chest on my left side when I breathe, cough or sneeze. I am a smoker, I tried to stop but my will power is weak.

My question is can you still suffer from pleurisy even when lung lining is removed.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to reply so that you know you are not alone on here. I hope someone can help you get your answer and I'm sorry you haven't had the will power to stop smoking. I was diagnosed with LAM in 2014. I have never smoked and its a good thing or I would be way worse off. My neighbor just had two brain surgeries to remove tumors believed to be caused by smoking and now there is one in his lung. I hope you find the will power to quit and the answer to your question.

• Posted

Thank you Marie, I hate most of the fags I smoke, it's more through habit than need, the odd few throughout my day are ones I feel I need, I just need to find a way that helps me quit cause every way I've tried, I have failed. I did 11 weeks after surgery but a combination of morphine and not smoking left my sleep very interrupted and having nightmares so one a day became two became smoking again. Hopefully I will get there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.