Pain in chest bone

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have these flare ups and my chest hurts , it feels like I was kicked in the chest. Sometimes my chest feels heavy. I have had many heart test and xrays and all says its fine, Its my breast bone that hurts does anyone else have this problem, it drives me nut. It last for weeks at a time and then just stops . I also have waves that come and go daily , where I have to sleep its weird.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very much like Costochondritis to me. I have had that for about 25 yrs, it is a part of Fibro but I had it prior to the Fibro. Costo is a form of arthritis in the chest wall. Ask your doctor about it, hope you get some help and answers smile

• Posted

I will be talking to my docor about Costochondritis, it sounds like whats going on.I just had a xray two days ago and they said it was fine. Do you know if that shows up on xrays? Thank You for your help.
    • Posted

No, Costo doesn't show up in xrays. If you press on the ribs, rib joints or shoulder bones and it hurts it is most likely Costo. If your doc doesn't think it is, get a 2nd opinion wink
  • Posted

I haven't been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but I'm certain it is, the all over muscular pain, and a the other related symptoms, make me certain, I however suffer from chronic migraines. I have been experiencing this intense feeling of fatigue where I have to stop whatever I'm doing and sleep, I can sleep for an entire day, the feeling is do overwhelming I cannot wake up as much as I try. My chest hurts and at times feels like my heart is fluttering in my chest.
    • Posted

The fluttring could be anxiety, I had that for quite a while. Also the migraines could be part of the Fibro. I've also gone throught that horrid tiredness!! I hink I slept for about 2 weeks when I was first diagnosed sad. Mythoughts are with you Natalee, it's not easy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.