Pain in chest. Diagnosed with Vitamin D level as 15ng/ml.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi All,

I am a 24 year old male and since 2 months I am having chest pain especially in left side of chest and sometimes in right side too. The pain usually come and go. Sometimes it persists for a longer time. My doctor had me diagnosed for Vitamin D and the level is 15ng/ml. Is this level deficient? The pain feels like heart pain most of the times. I also have pain in hands especially in right hand and also mild pain in legs. I also have GERD problem. I have also undergone Chest X-ray,Ultrasound and blood tests and everything came back normal. My doctor has prescribed me with 60,000 IUs per week of D3 along with other meds. I have been taking these since 2 weeks but I am not having that much of relief. Sometimes my heart rate also go up and i feel uncomfortable after that. I have also headaches sometimes. Can this chest pain because of vitamin d deficiency. If it is, how much time will it take to recover from this pain if I continue with same dosage?

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Mike,

So I met my GP this morning after going through a blood chest and a chest x ray. The only anomaly was my vitamin D levels. I also have faced these random sharp pains in my chest both left and right and sometimes it would radiate to my left arm too. Though the instances of pain have been occuring since two years, the pain was never too high therefore I was not worried. I am happy that my heart and lungs are fine. I have been prescribed a vitamin D supplement for 8 weeks (one capsule per week) and my doctor thinks this is the only problem. My vitamin D level is 28 currently. Doctor prescribed supplements can help in raising it upto 40, which is a very healthy amount. Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Rahul. (24 y/o male)

• Posted

How r u now mike? I am asking becoz m also suffering from vitamin d deficiency and severe chest pain as well...as well as pain that radiates towards jaws and back of the head...
    • Posted

How are you Rudra..i have alsoto pain in chest and jaw...I had vitamin D3 deficiency I took medicine but after some months again I am feeling pain in my muscles and upper back and jaw. I dont why these all happening.I am depressed
    • Posted

Vitamin D is manufactured in our skin as a direct result of sunlight exposure.

One potential complication of prolonged Vitamin D lack is osteomalacia, a disease which causes severe structural deformities to the skeleton.

Lower level Vitamin D deficiency can lead to a number of non-specific symptoms, including possibly chronic fatigue (experts have for many years noted an association between sufferers of chronic fatigue syndrome or myalgic encephalitis (CFS or ME) and low blood levels of Vitamin D).

It has been estimated that between 50-70% of people living in the northern Europe (where daylight length reduces your chances of receiving adequate sunlight in the winter) are deficient in this vitamin by March each year and apart from a couple of days in April we've not had much sun this year.

Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency include chronic pain, weak bones, frequent infections (recent research has detected an association between vitamin D deficiency and severe pneumonia), depression and fatigue.

More supplementation may be beneficial - please speak to your usual doctor.

• Posted

anyone seen any improvement? i have chronic diuresis and my symptoms are worse when i pee a lot. i get chest pain left arm pain jaw pain -and short of breath. my vitamin d levels now are 25 . after taking supplements for vitamin b12 8 it didn't raise. i had a vit b12 injection tion also. even it didnt help. why my b12 wont raise

• Posted

I am from Delhi, Ind. I have sharp pain in lower middle and left side of chest, it was from quite sometimes, It comes and goes but in Jan it gets more, I went to doc my chest X-ray, ECG all comes normal. but I got to know my vit D is at 3.7 ng/mL and doc gives me 1 Arachital injection and calciferol granules(60K IU)/ week and some 2 more tablets. it has been 1 week and chest pain is again getting sharp after reducing for some 3-4 days. Can anyone tell how much time it will take to get better?? Thank You in advance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.