Pain in chest left side area. PLEASE HELP.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Few weeks back I went through anxiety, which thank God is alot better now. Since my anxiety started my heart palpitations started they scared me alot. My doctor told me it's due to anxiety. Now my anxiety is not bad. I eat, sleep normally now but my heart palpitations are still there and now I can feel it from my neck too. I never new where is our heartbeat in our neck but now I just touch the side of my neck and there it is. Yesterday and today, this happend both times I was sitting on my bed and suddenly my heart beat was like pause *beat*beat* pause and then goes back to normal. I wouldn't have been so concerned for it but these two beats were so hard like they were never this hard before I felt like my heart will come out of my chest. My father is saying it's due to pinched nerve as my left atm hurts it's muscles hurt and the back of my neck and my heart or chest hurts. My posture is very bad all thanks to my mobile phone.

I got my ECG done it was perfectly fine, then I got my cholesterol test done which was perfectly fine too. So I don't know what is wrong. PLEASE HELP ME. My anxiety is coming back due to this as I feel like I will have a heart attack. It's stressful.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, well you got yourself into a bit of a pickle, but you also have kinda answered your own question. Stress/anxiety is a playful thing, it jumps 9n you when you least expect it and has all kinds of effects on your body when stress hormones are released into your blood stream. This is called self preservation or the fight and flight reaction to stressful situations. Confront what the mind perceives as danger and whoopee here comes the hormone flood then you feel all kinds of sensations which are the bodies preparation to defend itsself, therefore, logically, take away the threat and the body and mind resume normal service. So. If your medical examinations come back clear, you can safely bet your bottom dollar that everything is cool with you, and that the stress sensations you feel are kinda self generated. We all need some stress in our lives to motivate us, but when it becomes harmful then we have to sit back and think of how it started,and backtrack to a time when it was comfortable to be alive. The secret is to control anxiety by relaxation and the knowledge that you have been proven medically fit should allow you to relax and enjoy life without worry. So I wish you, from this point on a more relaxed and enjoyable existence.
    • Posted

Hey, thanks for replying. I'm kinda scared as I heard that someone who had same symptoms was also told that it's anxiety but actually got a heart attack later. Those 2 beats that I had were so scary as it has never happend before. I'm 17 years old, I'm scared. The pain that I have in my chest is not constant but when it comes it's a sharp pain.

• Posted

I understand your fears, at 17 the last thing you want is health issues, so I have great sympathy for your experiences. The fact that you are only 17 is vastly in your favour, as your body is effectively still in showroom condition, unless you are unfortunate enough to have a hereditary coronary condition which you do not indicate in any way. I am considerably older than you and hypertension has been part of my life for ever, together with all the symptoms you describe including sometimes painful ectopic heartbeats, but this passes when I calm myself. The medical profession has long ceased to figure out how I tick, but tick I still do, nearly 50 years after my first confrontation with the health authorities over what I then considered to be a life threatening condition, the intervening years have taught me that 99.9 per cent of the time my body recognises that all is not well and then goes into overdrive to balance whatever issue is causing concern. Ask yourself a number of questions beginning with. When did I last feel comfortable with my life? and what was the event that made me feel discomfort, if you can pinpoint something, whether it was an emotional upset, or a physical trauma, really inspect it for what it is.. an event in your past that can no longer hurt ot haunt you. This being so, let it go and look forward to a relaxed and enjoyable long and healthy life.
    • Posted

Hi again. Yup my family does not have a past of any heart related issues. A junior of mine passed away due to a stoke which started my whole anxiety. But as my anxiety is getting better I'd like to think that my palpitations and other issues should get better too like I also have headache on the side of my head and this weird pressure which comes and goes it's like something is flowing very hard in my head. Which made me believe that these are symptoms of stoke or anerysum. Which my parents think is sinus because I have a past with sinus. Ya well these two problems are really scaring me.

Again thanks for replying.

• Posted

And like my at evening or night my heart beat goes to 90-137.
  • Posted

You don't indicate where you are from, but judging in my amateur way I would say possibly the USA. Your use of language suggests this might be so, not that its really relevant, except to detect that you appear very stress full by the tone of the language you use. That being so, it just reinforces my theory that the simptoms you feel, including headaches., rapid heartbeat, palpitations, and other unexplainable pains, are related to how you feel about your body, and the more you think about these sensations in a concentrated way the more likely you are to increase their severity. There is truth in the oft quoted lines that,, we are what we eat, and think. When you are young powerful hormones are running riot in your body, creating sensations that can be disturbing and with other external pressures it's difficult sometimes to cope with what life in this world throws at us. Suffice it to say that you are doing the right thing by asking for advice and seeking reassurance for it is certain that someone will have gone through what you now endure, and can guide you towards a peaceful future.

• Posted

I really want to see a cardiologist but because of some reason I can't. I'll be able to after two weeks but I'm kinda scared if something happens before. My parents keep on assuring me that everything is fine as my ECG and cholesterol test came back fine. It's like the symptoms are so common my left harm heart which my parents think is because of my deficiency in vitamin d. I have chest pain, I know it's weird but whenever I breath deeply there's like this dull pain in my heart. And another thing that sometimes when I breath deep there like this click sound that comes from my chest. My parents say it's due to acid reflux or pinched nerves as my posture is bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.