Pain in elbow with tingling and hospital says there is nothing wrong any advice?

Posted , 7 users are following.

About 5 days ago I elbowed the baby gate on the stairs in my house and since I have been getting really bad throbbing pains and a tingling feeling up my arm, occasionally feeling like pins and needles it has deteriorated other the past 3 days and I have been in agony with it. I have took many paracetamol tablets and ibruphen creams which didn’t help at all. I have tried a support bandage but that made the pain worse. When I put pressure on it or run it under cold water or put ice on it, it gets worse. It is really painful when I straighten it and when I straighten it fully it clicks.

The hospital said I need to take ibruphen tablets but nothing has took the pain away and the pain is worse when I rest it which is really annoying because it hurts all the time.

Any ideas of what I could try??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would be very wary of taking paracetamol and ibuprofen, I suggest you seek a second opinion as soon as possible, did the hospital do any scans, x rays etc?
    • Posted

No they just poked around at my elbow and wrist, then said take ibuprofen for 3 days if no improvements go back but the pain is getting worse and I’m not sure what to do. I was in the room for 5 minutes and they said it’s fine.
  • Posted

Agree with jhow21. Either go back as hospital recommended or get 2nd opinion. Sounds like a bruised/damaged/severed nerve and, I know from my hand surgeries, it takes time for the inflammation to die down and/or nerve endings to connect if they’ve been severed.
  • Posted

I would go back for a second opinion. They poked at my ankle for all of two minutes and told me it was sprained. I insisted on an X-ray and it was broken. If I hadn’t pushed to actually check it I wouldn’t have known it was broken and could have damaged it worse. I’m not suggesting yours is broken but if you think there’s more going on and they didn’t really take the time to check it out then I’d go to another doctor.
  • Posted

Uuuggg yuk, my left hand numb, tingling, hurts at night, wakes me up went to VA, ran some kinda, electric shocking test, doc/technition,would move these three different, electrode, up down around my wrist, arm, at same time giving me these electric shocks, don't know maybe 50 volts, at first I was a little paranoid, he said it would be a little uncomfortable, I was worried about it messing with my heart, anyway think he was checking for breaks in my nervous system?, because a couple times the electrical signal didn't, make a peak, so I assume there was a break there, think the test is called a e m g?, might want to ask your doc to perform it, OK, olivia1xx2

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.