Pain in frontal sinus under left eye & pain in temple

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have started with pain under my left eye with pain in temple also jaw and teeth, but iam getting mmore mucus on right hand side, then the left but no pain in right sinus. Doctor has given me Avamys nasal spray but this makes the pain worse when I use it just got nedimed sinus wash which seems to help, a bit but iam wondering if I have got a infection in sinus due to pain on one side, doctor has told me to keep on using the Avamys spray but I am unsure if this will make the problem worse over time, as anybody had any problems using Avamys spray.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear you are in pain with suspected sinus infection , it can last some time if this is the actual problem , it may be worth going to your dentist and asking for an examination , of your teeth and jaw just to check you do not have any underlying problems with your teeth ? It also may be worth adjusting your diet , any milk products , cheese , yogurts etc , createt mucus so may be adding to the problem , i would try a bowl of hot water with a few drops of tea tree oil , put your head over the bowl and cover with a towel (hope this makes sense ) and inhale through the nose , out through the mouth , this should help cleanse and kill any bacteria , and help your sinus infection , also you can buy a saline nasal spray , its excellent for clearing blocked noses , and maybe this approach may help to clear the infection , you could also check out an oil pull , this is excellent for ridding your mouth of bacteria , go to earthclinic website for details , this may help as well , and if you go back to the docs , get your ears checked incase there is any underlying infection there , good luck for a speedy recovery , it should clear up I try for a natural approach , generally it works after youve eliminated possible other causes

Kind regards

• Posted

Hi sorry forgot to say , maybe get your eyes checked , as you say you have pain in your temple , eye strain , combined with facial pain , it may even be an eye infection , just trying to cover all the bases

• Posted

Hi Helen will try the oil pull Helen I have never heard of that, but will go for eye check up but I def think its sinus problem I seem to be worse in cold weather also if you go from a warm room into a cold one that seems to start it up but on a course of doxycline, so hopefully that will help. Thanks for the advice
  • Posted

Hi Sean hope you get some relief from the sinus problem , the oil pull is excellent for cleaning your mouth and keeping nasty bacteria at bay , as I said check out earthclinic, loads of natural remedies for all sorts of ailments , best wishes for a speedy recovery
  • Posted

I have the exact same problem, friend! Here is what you want to do. Get yourself a back of frozen French fries - the thin shoestring ones. Take one out and slide it on up into your nostril until you can feel it against that painful area. Leave it there for 15-30 seconds. If you have room at that point, take a good sniff up that nostril. Then, take it out! Your face hurt because a spot of sinus tissue was all swollen up, to the point that it blocked off that area and pinched against the other side. The frozen fry is like an ice pack and takes the swelling down. The passage opens and the pressure equalizes and the sinus walls stop touching.

This isn't a cure, but it's a pretty cheap and instant solution to the problem.

• Posted

avamys was not so good for me as nasonex IS and also flo salt washes, zyrtec in mornings and phernergan at night but being desensitised to my allergies now and wear a mask in public as my allergic rhinitis was root of problem so hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.