Pain in head and neck still

Posted , 11 users are following.

woke up this morning with pain in right temple, my head and neck hurts when i move them, still got the bubble noise, i cannot take much more.

i dont want to take AA as the rhymi suggested.

i have read about it, and i think i should have a dexa scan before , i know it is over two years sine my last one and should be due next year.

i just dont know what to do anymore, if the rhymi , and doctor say i am well, what more can i do, i really dont feel good at all.

sorry for rambling, but i feel this is the place to do it, as i know people understand.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Discuss it with your GP - and possibly get a different referral. That really is about the only option left I think.

• Posted

Many thanks Eileen.

hope you have a good day, weather here at the moment is terrible.

kind regards Margaret

• Posted

Glorious summer today again - been hovering at 25C and above for a week now, at last! The previous weekend it barely struggled above 10C! Hazy though - bet we get a thunderstorm later and they are promised for the next 2 days! Of course - it's a public holiday here!!

• Posted

We are having lots of rain although we did manage to sit in the garden for a while on Friday. The heating is on and off because it's not very warm. Next week doesn't look much better apart from Tuesday. Oh for some sun and warmth. That's what we get for complaining about the heat last year. This is a typical Scottish summer.

• Posted

MARGARET, do you have GCA.? Is a visit to A & E in order? My rheumatologist said, with GCA one feels "terrible" not just headache and eye pain. This has nothing to do with alendronic acid.

• Posted

What were your last Dexascan results?

• Posted

Hi just had a phone call from doctors, she has made an app for me to have a dexa scan soon, as she wants to see if i need to go on it or not,

• Posted

Sounds like it might be GCA (Giant Cell Arteritis in case you were not aware of what GCA is!) You should definitely get it checked either at A&E or at least at your GP's. We are here for you!

• Posted

Margaret, I can't remember, have you had a chance to try an increased dose of pred, and did it help? I agree, you must see someone else. Is there anyone you can take with you to give you some support when you describe your symptoms to the next doctor you see? You really should not be left to suffer just because the tests don't show what's wrong.

• Posted

Hi Anhaga, yes i increased my dose by 3mg, but it did not make a difference. when i saw my rhymi a few days

later he told me to reduce the steroids as he says they are causing some of the problems i have got. when he looked at my list i had taken, he examined my temple pulse both sides of my head said that was fine. then he saw that when i had eaten, i got jaw ache about ten mins after, he was also not bothered about that.

i am looking for my resullts of my last dexa scan to take to my doctors as i am not thrilled about taking AA.

He has always been good before, but i got the feeling because my bloods have been ok hes not as concerened, if he had heard my hubby when i told him, he would have been .

all being well i will be seeing my gp this week.

• Posted

If the jaw pain is not until AFTER you have eaten he won't be convinced - claudication jaw pain happens during use and stops when you stop chewing, returning when you start again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.