Pain in heart or breast

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi all me again i have a constant pain discomfort in and under my left breast. my anxiety is through the roof. i had two good days this week and thought finally i am starting to feel normal after 8 years of hell every menopause symptom you can name. and bang ive had this pain before and it went away and now its back worse than every. my appetite is very poor and i wonder is it hunger some of the time? anyone else had this awful thing im so worried its my heart. its so hard to cope with these terrible symptoms of menopause every day x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra

yes, I'm having the same pain now. I think it has to do with me drinking too much coffeešŸ˜£ when I went away on vacation, I had no coffee for 2 weeks and I felt amazing, since I came back, I drink to cups a day, and that's when I notice my anxiety came back, the pain in my left breast and heart too, it feels,like something is inside

time to decafinate my self for a bit and see if this pain will go away

• Posted

I was going to say coffee is a MAJOR breast pain maker for me too. When I did not drink it for a few weeks the pain went away. Its definitely connected,

• Posted

Hi Sandra,

I get that pain as well, and it does make anxiety worse, unfortunately. Sometimes I unconsciously have that side tensed up, and the muscles are really tight.

You can try pushing around in the chest and armpit area, even light squeezing, to see if there's some soreness & tightness. After that, try it on the right side and see if there's a difference. A massage, heating pad, shower, bath, etc will help. Tend to the neck muscles as well, because they play a big part in the tension.

Another reason I get that pain is if I'm gassy, or backed up. It's an on/off pain that can be dull or like a poking feeling, sometimes even a stabbing feeling. The colon comes up higher on the left side of the body, so you feel more there.

I hope you feel better soon.

Kim

• Posted

yes i get this pain all the time its feels like theres something inside poking into my rib just below my left breast i get pain in my breast and down my left side im getting a mammogram on the 13 th and im also waiting on a scan date for my bladder & kidneys as i feel pressure and soreness all thr time x

• Posted

thanks so much for replies. im going for an abdominal scan today. fasting since last night and not eating seems to make the pain worse or if im very hungry. so hopefully get some answers today. i will update later x

• Posted

Hello, I thought at one point I was having a heart attack and it turned out I had... Costochondritis or Tietze's syndrome which is a common cause of rib cage pain.

It is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. It usually occurs in the cartilage that joins the upper ribs to the sternum, an area called the costosternal joint... It did go away but was very worrying. Hope this helps. It is pronounced tetzays.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.