Pain in heel

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 5 weeks post op (one foot), and have started walking in my walking cast, sometimes with a cane.  My bunion area doesn't seem to be hurting, but I feel tremendous sensitivity and pain on the bottom of my heel when I walk.  Does anyone know if that is normal?  Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joyce

I am only 11 days post op and so no experience of 5 weeks.  What I do think however is that after that length of immobility you will likely feel all sorts of aches and pains all over your body.  Build up your activity gradually and if necessary take a few pain killers.  I am sure it will get better soon. Just think what it is like when you go to the gym for the first time.  Hurts like #### but does get better and you feel better for it eventually.

Hope you r recovery goes well

• Posted

Thank you so much deni for your encouragement. Yes, I believe it's probably the poor foot just starting to walk again.  It's so interesting how we all know when we had the surgery down to the day, and I'm sure, the hour.  Take care and I know you'll be feeling better soon.
  • Posted

Hi Joyce yes I had pains in my heel and also arch if foot for couple of weeks at that stage not sure if it's just stretching the tendons or walking in an alien way that caused it but it did pass . Pains and aches seem to come and go in all kinds of areas that you wouldn't associate with a bunion op but think it's all normal in the recovery process. Take care
    • Posted

I really appreciate your reply, daren.  That's what so wonderful about this site.  My husband says, "ask your doctor", but my doc has never had the surgery himself, and I can't keep calling or texting him with every little ache, as you well know. Everyone on this site has either had it or is preparing to do so.  Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.