Pain in hip groin thigh and back

Posted , 7 users are following.

Sciatica???? Thought it was gaeny prob but tests say not... can any one tell me what typical sciatica pain is like please

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sciatica is a symptom and its presentation can vary considerably. It can present as a dull ache, sharp pain, burning, throbbing, hot, cold, numbness or tingling in part of or the entire leg. Statistically "sciatica" symptoms come from nerve root irritation in the lumbar spine. 

• Posted

Thank you. I am getting over a flu and the pains are really bad.
    • Posted

Most back pain is mechanical, around 95%. When I get sciatica I typically lie on my stomach and initially prop up on my elbows/forearms. It can sometimes initially increase my low back discomfort but takes the pain out of my leg.
    • Posted

Ok thank you I'll try that

• Posted

You have a classic sciatica symtoms exactly like mine, have you had an MRI, if not get one and find out where your pinched nerv root is and talk to a physician. The pain and nagging aches will only get worse. I have two pinched nerves and I have contacted a minamally invasive lazer facility. Good Luck! 
    • Posted

Ok not sure whether it is sciatica but sounds like it. Thank you
  • Posted

Your pain problem sounds typical of a severe arthritic hip joint
  • Posted

It might be best not to jump to the conclusion it is sciatica - but it does look like a back problem which could affect more than your leg.(like plumbing & compost systems)

Take a look at Doctor Corenmans web site....it has a lot of simple exercises which test nerve roots at different vertebra.

I thought I might have sciatica. After visiting his web site I found the problem was not the lumbar spine, it was in fact S1 in the sacral spine.  Something my GPs and consultants had not managed to diagnose after 17 years of getting nowhere other than physiotherapy which did not work

• Posted

Do you get pain and stiffness in your lower back after sitting down for awhile then getting up? And how is your walking? I can't walk very fast

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.