Pain in hip is it ovaries?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have pain in my hip, middle of pelvis on my back & pain in my crease where leg meets my body. Its a sharp pain & dull ache, it is relieved if Iput pressure on it at the front & to straighten my leg is more sharp pain. I have heartburn & weeing more. I'm 43, have had endometriosis in the past but this is different. Anybody know if its same pain? Thankyou x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like it could be to me though not sure the heartburn is related. X
  • Posted

It sounds like a cyst to me. I have surgery today to remove cyst and ovaries and tube. My cyst was a complex one and I have really bad heartburn and pee alot. It also makes my tummy upset. The only way to relieve it for me is pressure on that spot it doesn't go away but it helps. U should c a dr and get ultrasound of it. Good luck
  • Posted

Yes I think it sounds like a cyst too. I had hip pain quite regularly and also the sharp and dull ache but never put it down to a cyst but had to have a scan due to post menopausal bleeding and they found a cyst so after tests and MRI they decided an hysterectomy would be best due to my age (I was nearly 51).  I had it last June and not had the hip pain and the other pains since. 
  • Posted

Hi,

i think the hip pain could be from the cyst.  I ha e a small cyst on my left ovary and get odd hip pains, think it must pull on nerves on press on them. X

• Posted

I have endometriosis too and was having terrible pain in my hip and low down in my back on the left side. Every now and then the most horrendous abdominal pain. I couldn't lie on my stomach anymore as it was so uncomfortable and I had a pulse in my belly. I had put weight on so put it down to that and the endo. I eventually was checked out for fertility investigations and they found a 19x13 cm cyst on the left and a 6cm cyst on the right. The pain I was getting was the cyst twisting, I was told I should have gone to hospital as an emergency.

I had to have right ovary and tube removed as the huge cyst had destroyed it. They managed to keep the tube and salvage some ovarian tissue on the left.

Don't leave it, go and get checked ASAP. Hope you don't have any of those types of problems - good luck smile

• Posted

The giant cyst and small cyst were the other way around.
    • Posted

I had a cyst on left about 8 cm. had to have cyst and left tube removed prior to ivf ( it worked😀), now have another smaller cyst, they think is haemoragic, blood filled. It's very painful.
    • Posted

sorry, I meant to add I have endo too sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.