Pain in in knee

Posted , 2 users are following.

After breaking my elbow in Feb, i was sent for a bone scan and doctor said i had Osteoporosus.

he has told me to take 1 tablet a week of AA, i said to him, i feel fine, do i have to take it, he said yes for 5 years.

i took the first one on Thursday and yesterday i couldn't bend my knee because of very bad pain, i haven't sprained it or anything and i have read that AA can cause trouble with bones , i haven't had any troubles before, im really worried to take the second one, also that it always stays in your system, i feel as though it has started to make the rest of my bones bad.

has anybody else had this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did you get a t-score when you were told you had osteoporosis? Was your injury caused by a severe impact?

You won't, sadly, find many people using this forum any more. I pop in occasionally to let people know there are active communities at a site called HealthUnlocked. There is a Bone Health community (UK based) and also an American Bone Health community. Sorry I can't post a link but you should be able to find HealthUnlocked via search engine. 😃

• Posted

hi

thank you so much for responding, i noticed nobody had been on for a long time, my doctor didnt give me a t-score, im going to speak to him.

my injury was caused by my great grandson jumping in front of me, i tried to move but he moved as well and i went flying over the top of him , i completley shattered my elbow and needed a complete elbow replacement, its healed well though and an do a lot of things.

i will look up HealthUnlocked and Bone Health i'm in the UK.

Thank you for your help. x

• Posted

Over there my avatar name is HeronNS. Sounds like you didn't really have what they call a fragility fracture. What a horrible experience.

There are a lot of things that can be done to improve bone health which don't involve medications so if your t-score isn't too dire I think you'll get a lot of encouragement and useful advice to help you avoid taking AA.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.