Pain in knees

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi All

I have 6 wk and 13 wk tkr and my knees ache almost all th time. After sitting, in morning, laying in bed. I do my exercizes, ice. Maybe this is a normal progression. How long does the frequent aching last?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

how long is a piece of string !!!! .no definate answer im afraid ,it can take up to a year for most to feel that the leg is their own .the saying is "you get a new knee but you dont own it till 12mths" to be fair i would agree with this for the first TKR ,i found for a revision its alot longer well for me maybe others here have been luckier .im coming up to 18mths post revision and im not feeling the love for this knee yet !!!! .im thinking by the 2yrs i will feel abit like my ownself fingers crossed .in saying that i had my bi lateral ,a broken leg with it ,a cleanout of broken cement ,keyhole MUA,and a revision all in 18mths so maybe im an exception to the rule . for you now its all" normal ", just make sure you take meds for awhile longer so that you keep mobile ,the more you are the more it should settle .it takes time its a slow process ,remember the brutality of this op its as tough as it comes so take it easy
    • Posted

Thank you Irish Linda

You hit the nail on the head: the brutality of the operation. My daughter watched a tkr on you tube

and was aghast at the procedure.

I watched the first 30 seconds and had to stop.

I hope with Spring just around the corner you will be out walking and doing better. Spring has a way of doing that- all the beautiful flowers popping up!! Ahhhh, food for the soul. Take care. Keep in touch.

• Posted

yes elaine i love the spring its full of hope everything growing and awakening ,its the one time of the year that will pick you up im already out walking each day ,its the only way to try and get fit again but not to do too much at once id rather go out twice in the day than over do it i agree the bike is soooo boring ive been to the gym for the winter to build up muscle but to be honest im fed up with it ,1 because im limited what i can do there 2 .too many fit people ,ha! and 3 .its not that enjoyable . it was good to get me going but id much rather be out doors for my mental wellbeing . so lets hope we all improve in the next few months good luck elaine keep going we will get there x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.