Pain in left jaw,throat,ear,head any ideas

Posted , 3 users are following.

This has been going on a couple weeks I think.......but it started with si.e headaches.and what I thought was just molar pain.then I thought it was an ear infection.n ow it is all of these,including earache,jaw ache,throat pain in the back of my throat and headaxhe....all only on the left side......usually in the morning when I first wake up it is hardly noticeable.....but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse.i had some blood in my ear a week or two ago which we thought was only from a small soar right inside my ear. Sometimes I am not sure if it's my jaw that hurts or every single tooth on my left side.its very strange as far as pain goes.no fevers I Kno of.maybe some neck pain but thats not abnormal for me.i get tension headaches.but earpain is really odd.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like TMJ!! You could be grinding your teeth in your sleep. 

I had horrible tmj that would cause tension headaches, ear aches and tooth pain. The pain comes from over working your jaw muscles during the night. Could be what you have- however this would not explain the sore and blood. I would follow up with your primary care to check your ear out to see if there’s an infection. For my TMJ, my dentist made a mouth guard to wear during the night. 

Either way see a professional at some point to make sure everything is okay! Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanku very much.however I have always ground my teeth and had head and jaw pain from this so that is not new to me....it's the pain in the ear and back of throat that I cannot pin.idk.i hope it's something so simple though.ive never had ear issues or infections so I'm a little clueless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.