Pain in left side

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I had both ovaries and tubes removed last May due to cysts on right ovary which was borderline. Everything ok after. Had scan after and everything was well. Only have to see consultant for one follow up in June. Trouble is I'm having pain like a stitch I suppose in my my left side and still feel bloated.

Is this common? Does this have nothing to do with my op or could it still be connected to it. I'm sorry to say I've become a bit of a hypochondriac since has happened to me and my heads working overtime. Don't want to go to GP as I'm always thinking the worse now.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I would say as it hasn't been a year yet since your op you would have aches and pains as such but if they are persistent I would go see you GP, try not to feel like a hypochondriac considering what you have been through its better to be safe than sorry.

Can I ask when they said it was borderline, what type of borderline? Similar thing is happening to me at the moment. Had right ovary and large cyst removed in Jan and they have confirmed what they removed as cancerous. But I have to wait to be fully healed to have more tests to check they have hopefully caught and removed it all.

Take care xx

• Posted

Thanks for reply

They didn't same what type of borderline it was. Just graded it as 1c which is apparently ok. Had a scan straight after to make sure and all was well. It just means abnormal cells not cancerous ones. Only need one follow up this year so not really worried

• Posted

Oh that's good then but I would jus check out the pains your feeling, or try nhs direct symptom checker if you don't want to call you gp just yet !?
  • Posted

Hello Pami just thought I would come in and say hi as I had the exact same thing almost. I had a large borderline cyst ( 20cms) also removing the tube. This was just over two years ago. Previous to that twenty years ago I had a hysterectomy so that was the remaining ovary. I had pain for a good 18 months afterwards and it was horrible, stitch like pain sometimes and terrible burning like pain for a long long time, also heavy dragging almost like heavy period pain and I'm a very anxious person aswell and used to imagine the worst and I was consumed with fear for a long time. I had regular six monthly transvaginal scans and ultrasounds and all was well. I did ask my consultant why I was getting all the horrible pain and he explained to me that they have to do a lot of tugging and pulling around to get to where they want to get to and soft tissue takes a long time to heal. Think about what you've been through, it's a massive trauma on your body and it's just healing time, some days were worse than others and at times I thought it would never stop but slowly it did. I'm ok now but if I overdo things and push myself too hard I do get the odd pain or niggle. I Hope you feel better soon, you've been through a lot you just need time, Still early days, hugs Lou xx
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Very reassuring.

I've been to the loo loads of times today but on reflection it may be some salmon I ate yesterday that had chilli in it and I'm very sensitive. But I'm a terrible worrier since I had this scare last year. My eldest sister died of bowel cancer and my other sister breast cancer and they were my age. This pain in my left side gets really sore but sometimes not there at all. I've even wondered if I have IBS.

I know I did too much too quickly after my op- gardening. I may have damaged myself

• Posted

Hi Pami, do you mind me asking how old you are? Just im due to have a overian cyst removed ans they may have to remove both as they arnt actually sure where it is growing from. Thanks
    • Posted

I was 59 on New Years Eve.

I had no symptoms re the cysts. I was bleeding a bit and they found a polyps which was ok then the cysts. Waited 6 months for my operation

• Posted

Personally I would go back to the GP. They will either find something and respond to that, or rule it out and reassure you. I think it is natural to be more aware of changes and symptoms. Aches are normal but not it they persist. Better safe than sorry. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.