Pain in left side of chest and arm all the time

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am 27 years old, male, 176cm (5′ 9″), 65kg (143lbs). For past few months I have been experiencing regular pain in lefts side of my chest which has increased recently together with pain in my left arm and shoulder.

I started noticing some weird pain in left side of my chest about 4 months ago. At beginning I felt this pain several times per day in waves that sometimes lasted only about 10 minutes but sometimes even 2 hours. The intensity of pain also varied, at some points I could barely notice it and other times it was pretty uncomfortable, but it never got too severe and unbearable.

After about 3 weeks of this pain I went to my doctor, he did some basic examination, but did not found anything. He just said that I should take some vitamin B supplements and use some topical pain killer cream to manage pain. I also did some basic blood and urine tests which didn’t show anything unusual and I also got echocardiography done and doctor said that that everything looks fine.

In following couple of months intensity and frequency of pain decreased. I still felt it almost every day, but it just wasn’t bothering me as much as before so I thought it was getting better, but last week the pain started getting worse again and for past few days I feel it basically all the time. The intensity still varies, but in average it is definitely stronger than before. Now I also have noticeable pain in my left arm and shoulder and at some points I also feel light pain or stiffness in my back, neck and jaw.

Researching my symptoms online suggests some kind of heart problem, but in those cases pain seems to be more periodical, but I have it all the time and I also haven’t really noticed shortness of breath and the pain doesn't get worse when I am moving around.

I have scheduled another appointment with my doctor in a few days, but I still would like to know other people opinions on what might be wrong. What possible conditions fit with my symptoms and are there any other things that I should monitor and pay attention to?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, i had exactly the same symptoms as you i had all the heart tests done which came back clear but i was still suffering so i had an endoscopy and it showed i had a hiatus hernia so might be worth getting checked put my mind at rest after months of worrying, good luck

• Posted

HELLO qwop... I AM 53 now but have been having the same symptoms as you since I was about 25-26, so essentially the same age as you are now. About ten years later, I wound up having cervical spine surgery due to bulging and ruptured disks at C5-6 and C6-7. It helped but I STILL have similar problems that have been blamed on TMJ, Fibro, spinal stenosis and arthritis. I also have GI issues including hiatal hernia, ulcers and GERD. I HAVE had cardiac workups along with many other tests and they all came back normal.

My point here is nothing really replaces seeing a doctor or twenty like me, and even then they cant or wont always commit to a diagnosis. But at least you wont be second guessing yourself constantly like I have over my many years of suffering. GOOD LUCK sweety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.