Pain in left side of chest comes and goes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

Approximately 2 weeks ago, I woke up and felt a sudden sharp pain in the left side of my chest when I got up. It felt worse when I moved and when I tried to breathe deeply, but it went away after a few hours. Since then, I avoid sleeping on the left side because it is painful, and the pain tends to worsens the longer I sleep on that side. I didn't felt any pain in other situations than this until two days ago. That same sharp pain started coming and going a lot more frequently (5-6 times per day). When I try to move on the right side while laying down, it's like something on my chest also moves towards the right side. I also feel a sensation similar to wheezing in my chest when I breathe and pain in a precise spot, and the lower part of my shoulder blades also hurt. When the pain goes away, I have no problem taking deep breaths as it is not what is causing the pain. Should I worry about this and head to the emergency, or is it probably non life-threatening?

Thank you for your advices.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey there,

Hopefully everything turns out to be non life threatening for you in the end. However I was also told growing up that if there is something concerning you that's going on in your body and if you don't know what it is or what's causing it then you should go in and be seen. At least get some answers and suggestions. Wish you the best.

• Posted

HELLO, I am sorry you are suffering like this. It could be several things causing this, but I dont know your age or history so I can only advise.

However, I have wound up in the ER too many times to count with chest and abdominal pains. I have had similar issues like yours that was PLEURISY and COSTOCONDRITIS. I

have FIBROMYALGIA and several other chronic illnesses that aggravate these types of chest pains.

Either way it would be a very good idea to get checked out for your own peace of mind sweety. PLEASE either go to your PCP or ER to find out and please keep us updated!

GOOD LUCK!

Susanne, 53 and mother of two daughters who I have taken to ER as well for things like this.

• Posted

I suggest that you make an appointment to see your GP as no amount of responses on an Internet forum will be able to diagnose your illness by a discription

It will probably turn out to be nothing more than strained muscles but better to check it out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.