Pain in left upper abdomen

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been having issues with high white count, low hemoglobin, low hematocrit , on going diarrhea and loose stools for years. Woke up with a sharp type pain in upper left abdomen kind of near rib cage but beneath. Has occurred every 3-5 minutes or so since 4 am and it’s after 10 now. Any ideas? I have a cat scan Sunday but I’m scared now.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi wendy, for how long have you been having bouts of diarrhea and loose stools? Could be from anxiety.
    • Posted

I’ve had that condition for years , figured IBS and didn’t think about it. Nothing showed on my colonoscopy 4 years ago. Now I have all these other issues and every little pain screams cancer. It might be anxiety but I wish it would stop. I’m so scared. I was fine mid June to beginning July so I don’t know why all of this is suddenly occurring.!thanks for listening. 
  • Posted

Sounds like a stone or stones stuck in bile ducts. Can ruin your digestion system. Another thing is if feel burning there also tells me stones stuck. I had that problem and was resolved with an ERCP. Ask doctors about this. Ok. Good Luck

• Posted

Well I have a cat scan Sunday so I’ll find out I guess. Thanks for listening 
  • Posted

You could have an ulcer, which I don’t think would show up on a cat scan, you would need an endoscope for that. Do you take any indigestion medications?
    • Posted

I do , have for years for heartburn but it’s not working as well anymore. I guess it could be an ulcer, could that be from years of using antacids
    • Posted

No you wouldn’t get an ulcer from antacids. If you were on a proton pump inhibitor for example omeprazol or lanzoprazol it would be very unlikely to be an ulcer, I was trying to rule it out. Do you take a tablet like that or just the chalk antacid tablets?
    • Posted

Still having the pain every couple of minutes. It’s mild but scaring me. Convinced I have cancer , pancreatic.  Just don’t know what to do!  Think of going to the clinic at my dr’s office.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.