Pain in lower back (kidneys?) after Quetiapine abuse. How much of what to eat and drink?

Posted , 1 user is following.

24 years old male. about 175cm tall and 120kg heavy. drinks and smokes. high blood pressure. ocd problems and alike. tinnitus. etc...

Last few days I've taken large amount of Quetiapine (legal ocd prescription) with some alcohol and smoked tobacco afterwards (no tolerance to quetiapine).

First day it was 25mg in morning and 125mg at night.

Second day I took 250mg. I felt like I had a fever in evening of second day. Alongside the fever like feelings I also had weird heart rate and blood pressure with occasional stomach ache and diarrhea, and sometimes uncomfortable tingly sensation in legs.

Third day I took 500mg.

Today (fourth day), immediately after I've woken up I felt intense pain in my lower back. So much that I bent my back when walking so it doesn't hurt as much.

Afterwards, in the evening (now) I took 150mg and 600mg of Ibuprofen.

But just now I realised Kidneys are somewhere in that general area that is hurting.

So now I got really scared thinking the pain might be from kidneys themselves and not muscle tissue (at first I thought I must have hurt my muscles in my lower back when sleeping and turning around).

After reading about Quetiapine's side effects and Acute kidney injury I've become quite scared.

I do not know when I should be worried or call a doctor.

The pain was strong but bearable. Now after I've taken Ibuprofen it's gotten decently better.

Hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep. I couldn't sleep moments before because of my mental issues, not just lower back pain. So I wouldn't say it was so severe that it prevented sleep at any point.

I don't know if I should be worried and do something if pain persists tomorrow at same intensity it did last 13 hours, up until now. Just in case it is kidneys instead of back muscles I've no clue what to drink and eat or how much and when. I would be hesitant to do something about it like call a doctor or go get checked because I do not want my family to know I've taken large amounts of pills with no tolerance just to feel good/high.

Since I've felt decrease in pain in last 15 minutes compared to constant fairly intense pain that bothered me whole day I will try and sleep and hope that it's gone or much better tomorrow morning.

I am not very good at english or with googling stuff so I wanted to ask here as well if that isn't a problem.

Is there anything I can do at home by myself besides eat foods that people online say should be eaten in case of kidney problems.

I don't know how to tell if it is kidneys or just back pain.

Thank you.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.