Pain in lower rib cage area after gallbladder surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I had my gallbladder out 3 months ago and have had several on going symptoms. One symptom is pain in my lower rib cage underneath the chest. Its on the right and goes all the way over to the left side. Anyone else experience this?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Are you experiencing the pain in both bottom ribs? I get that off and on a lot. Also very sore and painful in middle where stomach starts. Been very sick right after that started. This began 7 months after removal.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick. It has not been an easy road. Yes I do have in both bottom ribs, this is a new symptom that started a couple of weeks ago. I have had pain off and on where the gallbladder used to be but not like this. I saw my GI doctor and told her about it and she didn't seem to concerned. It just doesn't seem right to be having that pain this long after surgery.

• Posted

That is the scary part being so long after surgery. Once that started I got violently ill. The bloating is unbelievable. So disgusted.

• Posted

That is scary. I pray your doctors can find answers for you and can help. Sending you well wishes Audrey!❤

• Posted

hi there

when I went back to see my consultant after my op he explained that I would pos experience nerve pain round my right side as during the surgery this nerve is often aggrivated, the good news is that it settled down after a while.

best wishes

• Posted

Thank you for your response Joanna. How long did it take for your pain to settle down and did you have the pain on the right and left side?

• Posted

How long until you noticed the pain had settled down? I am 3 months post op and its been pretty bad lately

• Posted

hi there

the pain was round my right side, ironically exactly the same as before I had my gb removed!! out of interest have u considered reflux or gastritis?? both can cause pain round the sides, just a thought.

regards

• Posted

Johnette Yes I have.Very much so.I got my Gallbladder out 5 yrs ago

And I get Pain on my right side below or by the rib cage.And I do hope you get this.

After I got mine out I was told I was starting Cirohsis of liver and im 60 yrs old now.Also I never drank alcohol. So I do get this pain. Did they say or do anything with your Liver?

Also i get this pain before a bowel movement Its not like I have to go to bathroom it hurts and could be the next day I will need to move my bowels.But this pain exist and it hurts really bad.After getting the GallBladder out youll still get sick.Alot of foods wont agree with you. After sugery and in time youll find this out.So Hoping you do get this and get back to me. Lynnann

• Posted

Hi Lynnann,

Yes the pain is really bad. Do you get the pain only on the right side or the left side to? Mine is on both sides. I have called the doctor today about it and waiting to hear back. I've been really sick since the surgery and have an ultrasound and bloodwork and they said everything came back ok. This pain on both sides is new though. I've been taking an antibiotic and wonder if thats causing the pain. Did you have any issues after your gallbladder surgery and how long did it take you to recover?

• Posted

they did check mu liver with an ultrasound and bloodwork and said everything was ok. how often do you get the pain? mine has been there every day lately

• Posted

hi there. i know this is from so long ago but am wondering how youre doing now? I'm 7 weeks post op and an expriencing some mild rib cage and back pain. its not like gallstone attack pain at all but still an annoyance.

• Posted

hi there. i know this is from so long ago but am wondering how youre doing now? I'm 7 weeks post op and an expriencing some mild rib cage and back pain. its not like gallstone attack pain at all but still an annoyance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.