Pain in lower right abdomen above groin

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all,

I've dealt with this issue on and off for years, and it's reared its ugly head again.

Right along my waistline on the right side above my groin, I get pressure and pain. It comes and goes with no rhyme or reason. It usually seems to be worse when I have to use the bathroom. It is also uncomfortable to lay on my stomach. And it goes from uncomfortable to painful.

I've been to the doctor on multiple occasions for it. Doctor says he can feel a hernia and sends me to a surgeon for a consult, and on examination, the surgeon isn't 100% sure if it's a hernia or not.

Just frustrated and looking to see if anyone else has dealt with this.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So I got my diagnosis.

I have an abdominal hernia on the right side, and they also discovered my umbilical hernia I had repaired in 2014 failed as well. So they will go in and repair both with mesh.

• Posted

Hi Tommy... I'm so happy you finally got your diagnosis... that's half the battle. At least you can prepare for surgery and know that you will feel better once it's all over with. Take your time recovering if you can and don't rush into anything. Best of 🍀 luck... take care.. 👍
    • Posted

I go in on the 24th.

The CT showed a rather large umbilical one, and a small inguinal, but when he did the exam, he felt a decent sized bulge where the abdominal one is.

• Posted

At least they found what was troubling you... glad you're getting fixed..
    • Posted

Thank you.

I was glad the surgeon actually took the time to listen what was going on and just didn't brush me off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.