Pain in lower right abdominal area, help anyone else experienced this?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

for the past 3 days I have noticed a sharp pain in my lower right abdominal area (around the appendix area) when still or walking it seems fine but it hurts most when weeing, pooping, coughing, sometimes sitting down, moving my right leg towards my face and if pressed in that spot with my hand.

I went to a and e to check it wasn't an appendicitis, blood results came back fine for infection and inflammation. I had urine tests and a pregnancy test which came back normal too.

I suffer with ibs and have a tortuous colon but this isn't my usual ibs pain...that pain I know very well. This is different and I've never had this pain before.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or have an idea of what it could be?

I need to go to the doctors about it but would like to have ideas before hand so they don't dismiss me with some medicine for the wrong thing (happened to me enough times in the past). Should I ask for a scan? Could it be my bowels? Or my ovaries?

Any advice is much appreciate

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh no posted on wrong group
  • Posted

Oh no it's the right one..ignore me
    • Posted

Could you have perhaps pulled a muscle? We use the muscles in that area when we wee/poo and can be aggravated by sneezing / coughing and especially moving around x
  • Posted

Hi g765

I would go to your doc and request an Ultrasound scan or CT scan you could have the start of a cyst on your right ovary....i had a sharp pain in my right lower abdomen. An Ultrasound Scan revealed a cyst on my right ovary. A CT Scan revealed fibroids and a cyst....make an appointment as soon as you can.....best wishes....

• Posted

Hello I'm new here I've been having the same problem my G.I said it's from my ibs and constipation I've had all kinds of test mri's colonoscopy endoscope ct scans stool test blood work all points to ibs the pain is so bad it scares me I take lots of trips to the er and to the doctors scared it's my appendix right I'm taking bentyl 4 times a day it helps now I'm changing my diet bread or junk foods makes gas and the gas makes my ibs flare up you are not alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.