Pain in lower stomach that is worse in the morning when I need to pass urine

Posted , 5 users are following.

**every morning i wake up with a pain in my lower stomache and middle of my lower back. i do go to the wee in the night but even if my bladder is not full the pain is still there. i have had tests for urinary trac infections but they come back clear but just a high level of white cells so antibiotics do not help. what could it be.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi carol65750

Ask your doctor to refer you to a Urologist for checks on your bladder and kidneys this involves a ct scan and cystoscopy, also a scan of your ovaries if there is a problem it would be picked up on a ct scan. Pain in the lower abdomen and back usually involve these areas....

• Posted

had both of these done. both clear. i have conjoined kidneys but they are ok.

• Posted

Hi Carol I have the same .

I have been suffering for over a year now. I have had tests for urinary track infections but they come back clear but just a high level of white cells so antibiotics do not help. i got this after having a gallbladder operation was fin morning I went in had operation could no wee after and been suffering ever since.

I am under the urology clinic, the Urologist has checked my bladder and kidneys , I was referred for ultrasound scan which was fine except cyst on kidney.

I was also referred for a flexible cystoscopy which they were not able to do, so had go in hospital to be put under an have rigid cystoscopy, now have to self dilate but still pain not changed.

[ I have been under a lot of work stress plus stressed out by not getting answers with issues which are not helping think making matters worse]

My GP also sent me for a lower abdomen of your ovaries, to see if there is a problem it would be picked .

still at a loss of what causing .

Now need to do dairy of pain food and all that to see what triggers pain .

I hope you manage to get answers just keep going back till you do as I am don't let them fob you off.

• Posted

yes i have had all the above done. i have thought about diet but pain is always there but worse in the morning. i hope you get yours sorted. i do find probiotics help like yakult.

• Posted

Hi Carol

Yes I find the morning can be worse too . some time will not be as bad during the day as first thing but pain is still there.

Hope you manage to get answers too.

I do go circit training as well to help deal with stress.

If I get any answers I will let you know.

They have said the don't really know what is causing it. But at moment try and do pain food dairy which is hard to remember to do when you are busy.

I have a scan think may be MRI which will be booked for Jan 2020 to see how things are . They are hoping it might right it's self. and go back to see the the specalist.

let's hope we both get answers.

It's hard sometimes as people can't see your pain ...

Good luck with the issue hope it gets better and you get answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.