Pain in middle finger knuckle for 3 months, x-ray shows nothing?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have stiffness and pain on right side of middle finger knuckle. Little bump sticking out of it too, but xray is clear. Don't have full movement and painful when doing certain tasks like using scissors, making fist.  Would an MRI give more insight or should I just try icing it or splint?  Thanks for any feedback!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This sounds somewhat similar to an issue I'm having. My problem is on the knuckle in the hand, not the finger. I have a lump on the knuckle that has not responded to either antibiotics or prescription strength anti-inflammatories. X-ray shows no abnormalities.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.