pain in middle left back

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had pancreatitis. All checked out ok..cause unknown. I have no gallbladder.

late at night on eating last meal I always still get pain middle of back to the left. It feels like something is inflammed. Bloods all ok. Eus all ok. Does anyone else get this????

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Could be your pancreas just complaining...try taking an ibuprophen or tylenol (whichever you usually use for pain) to see if that takes care of it.  Mine would give me back pain, but never much else, for quite a long time (over a year),  Then it started to get worse, and eventually resembled the acute attack I'd originally had, with super-heartburn and definately inflamed and bloated stomach.   Not quite as bad, but bad enough to merit a trip to the ER.   While my bloods still looked OK, a new EUS showed more damage to the pancreas than the GIs expected over that period of time.  

BUT if all you have is the back pain, maybe you want to think about what you ate that night that might have had a higher fat content than you should be taking in, and avoiding it in the future.  I'm learning that there's an awful lot on "unknowns" with this internal organ, the pancreas.  I hope you can solve your issues easily.  I know I went to my doctor when it became hard to sleep because of the pain, and also because I started to experience a lot of gas (which had never in my life been a problem).   

• Posted

Yes I have this too 24/7. My EUS and bloods are all ok. Do you also get worse pain when you miss or lack sleep?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.