Pain in muscles after lumbar puncture

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a lumbar puncture just over two weeks ago. The first week after it, I couldn't walk. The second week, I can walk a wee bit but get severe muscle pain in legs, back, side, hip. This is calming down the more I rest though. Now I'm getting facial numbness when I walk. I'm unsure whether to rest more (I'm currently signed off work) or slowly do a bit of exercise to build myself up.

The lumbar puncture was to rule out MS and other inflammatory conditions: I have demyelination in my brain and they don't know what caused it. There seems to be no progression though recently developed symptoms like one leg shakes constantly, nerve pain in one foot, stumbling and lack of co-ordination. 

So either this numbness is relating to original condition or it is relating to the lumbar puncture. Has anyone had anything like this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Helen, i had a lumbar puncture 3 months ago to check for MS. I have a 7mm lesion in my fronts lobe. It took 6 times for them to get it in my spine. Now i am losing feeling from the waist down. Nobody knows what to do about it. It's nice to know im not the only person like this. Also i don't have MS they don't know what lesion is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.