Pain in my abdomen for 2 years ..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

im a 27 year old male and for the last 2 years i have been getting pain in my lower left quadrant, almost right against where my hip is.. when it first started i went to the doc and he tested me for diverticulitis but the test was clear.. he told me to go on a liquid diet for 2 days and it went away. this flares up every couple of months and i do the same thing..

last month i had it really bad and my doc did a CT of my whole abdomen with contrast, again totally clear.

does anyone know what would cause this? im not constipated if fact my bowel movements are totally normal.. im getting very frustrated with it.. think i need a colonoscopy and im not even 30...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You don't have to be 30 to get a colonoscopy and the CT scan would have shown something. Suggest you get another opinion preferably by a gastroenterologist.

• Posted

Hello! If it goes away every time you go on a liquid diet then I'd say it's a food that's not agreeing with you. If it was something else the pain would stay regardless of your diet. So its prob food related if I had to guess...could be wrong but you could try a few things like a food diary and elimination diet and that would help you figure out if it is a food causing your problems. You can look up on how to do an elimination diet correctly. The older you get the more you can develop food sensitivities and intolerances to certain foods especially since theres a lot more chemicals in our food than they use to be. Hope this helps!

• Posted

You might need to keep a food journal..When I first started out in nutrition I had to, and it helped me get to the root of my stomach issues, because my pains were so bad that I couldn't even walk-- my small intestine was the problem. I had to do a food elimination diet and it could be things that you would have never thought could be the answer. For me, it was things like broccoli, cauliflower, butter, etc. For some of my patients its chicken and much more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.