pain in my feet and legs

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed a few months ago with border line diabetis not given any tablets as my dr wants me to do it with diet.The soles of my feet burn all the time worse at nightime keeping me awake also the calves of my legs. does anyone else have this problem.My Dr says I may have had Diabetis for a long time but it has not shown up on tests

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Look at the side effects of the pills you're taking. Metformin causes a ton of side effects. Other meds also have lots of side effects.

• Posted

This is not actually relevant because Florence had said in her original post that she is not taking medication
  • Posted

No offense, get a new Dr.   Think about an endrocrinologist. Big D is a gland issue so an endro is needed. I see both an GP and Endro.

I think any Dr that says border line is nuts. Either you are or are not. I have been fighting this for 13 years. It changes and then my meds change. Still doing better than a lot of folks. Down to cases, what was your A1C? (USA) If you do not know then you are not prepared for the battle that may face you, Do you test at home?

My A1C has gone up recently and even at 7.1 my endro says I am doing OK. (just went to see her) I get an A1C every three months. Which is the approx time it takes to change all of your red blood cells.

Feet, just went through a bout with mine. Pins and needles and worse numb. I finally figured out I had to throw away 2 pairs of shoes.  I ordered some NB certified by the US government for postal workers.  I found longer 1/2 size and a bit wider was needed. I am heavy and found I had crushed the soles of my shoes and there was no cushion any more. New shoes are spongie and my feet feel good in them. Ankles are still mottled and they will stay that way for ever now.

I some times use a lidocane or hydrocortsone spray on my ankles and toes at night will allow me to get to sleep after the feet have been in a shoes all day. Epson salt bath helps a bit 

My opinions and experences you and yours may be different. We all react differently to Big D.  They call it praticing medicine after all. 

• Posted

The feeling you are having in your feet is peripheral neuropathy caused by high blood sugars I also have this. It is a permanent problem the high sugars caused permanent damage to your nerves. There are some treatments for this as well. But it sounds to me that you are no longer borderline that you have type 2 diabetes now. You need to be seen by an endocrinologist to help get your blood sugars regulated and learn to change your diet to one for diabetics. The best way to do this is fill half your plate with non carbon veggies I prefer fresh but frozen works as well and 1/4 of your plate meat or protein alternative and the other 1/4 should be a carb. Like rice or potatoes or pasta. Also it is best to eat fresh foods and avoid boxed or frozen dinners as well as canned foods. Hope this helps if you have other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.