Pain in my legs!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all I hope your day is going well.

I have had this new pain in my right leg for a couple of months now. It's in my thigh at the back and it feels like the muscle is being stretched so tight but with cramp in it. It's so painful and driving me mad. I've tried hot water bottles, heat patches stretching,walking. It doesn't matter if I sit,stand or lie down. I'm on a lot of meds including pain meds but nothing seems to help. Had anyone else had anything similar? If so does anything help?

Many thanks for reading this, hugs to all. Alex.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi isit like a sharp stabbing pain??I get a ridiculous sharp pain in my thigh/groin area I'm told this is my fibro but it has got to the stage I'm on crutches and can barely walk with the daily pains and stiffness also in my knees none of. my. meds help with this hope u feel better soon try a hot muscle soak bath
    • Posted

Thank you for your response. It's not really stabbing it's more a deep ache but feels like the muscle is being pulled so tight. I take lyrics, duloxotine, oxynorm, diazepam and I'm on fentenyl patches.
  • Posted

Hi , same problem I had it years ago and it's sciatica. To be honest no meds helps but ask your gp to send you to the pain clinic they may give you gabapentine  or another pain relief. Still suffer with it but not like before ,hope you will feel better , 
    • Posted

I'm currently on high dose of gapapentin and start pain clinic Monday haha its dreadful when the pain hits can just be walking and bang it's there and more preshure I put on the sharper the pain gets knocks me sick x
  • Posted

Yep can relate to it.  Would agree with Jeremy I have gone down the alternative route with some success.  Have you tried soaking in a bath full of epsom salts, or if you really want to pamper yourself dead sea salt with rose influsion.  At least 20 minutes soak then rinse off and relax. Works for me together with no refined sugars or gluten, cooking from scratch (not easy but cook in batches and freeze remainder and slow cookers are brilliant for this). I take several supplements and use hypnotherapy when necessary together with very gentle exercise walking the dog.   Fibro is different for all of us and we need the patience of a saint to work through all the ideas to find what works for us.  Good luck -  keep us posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.