Pain in my lower left abdomen area: is it IBS or something more serious?

Posted , 1 user is following.

For a past week and a half I have had pain in my lower left abdomen. it feels like it’s stretched or bruised. It feels like my stomach is pulsating or twitching. I do believe that I have IBS and I am going to the doctors on Monday. sometime is it happens on my right side too. The pain seems to come and go.

it all started when I thought I had the flu or Covid and I had typical symptoms such as runny nose, high temperature and a cough. Then all of a sudden I had diarrhea and have been alternating between constipation and more diarrhea symptoms ever since. I have also had bloating and excess flatulance. I have been going crazy thinking that it is colon cancer what diverticulitis of somekind. My bowel movements have been alternating in size such as small and thin and then large and thick.

Do you think it is down to my IBS (i.e gas and blaoting) or something more serious?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.