Pain in my ribs when i move or when i touch them?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Basically it started a few days ago. When i move my hips and ribs kind of area, my ribs feel sore as if they are bruised. I'm not in excruciating pain with them but it is annoying and i don't take well to pain. Also when i touch them they hurt like i'm touching a big fresh bruise. I haven't fallen over or anything recently and i go to the gym if that helps but does anyone know why this could be happening?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I wonder what you do at the gym?  You may have some inflammation in the tiny intercostal muscles that lie between the ribs. Easily done by overworking in the gym.   Take some Ibuprofen for a few days if it is really bothersome and nothing vigorous at the gym for a while.   If it becomes really painful to breathe,then you need to see a doctor,it could be a more serious infection,but as you have just said its annoying its probably muscle strain. 
    • Posted

Thankyou very much, was just worried in case it was something more, i took some ibruprofen last night and it's already starting to ease. Many thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.