pain in my right leg

Posted , 7 users are following.

for momths now iv had pain in my right leg but today walking home i felt sick and dizzy i know this will sound stupid but i thought my leg was going to fall of.as any one else felt this.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I have restless leg syndrome and never felt like that , if this is something new then I would speak to my doctor , good luck and hope it gets better
  • Posted

Yes, and for along time. Its some better after some healing time from a lumbar Synovial Cyst removal that the surgeon said at the start that I did not need......they do not show up on CT's or Millograms. Some doctorsare so smart they ae stupid. There is a difference between neuropathy  and things like a Synovial Cyst.
  • Posted

I do have dizzyness and a bad leg, but I have reasons fir it..not Fibro..I would have it checked out with your doc..some symptoms that others get, we never get..so it might be Fibro..but if it was me, I'd get it checked anyway...it certainly gives you peace of mind, if you know what your dealing with...as you are probably  aware Fibro loves stress..but staying stressless is very hard sometimes..I was always getting things checked out years ago when I was first diagnosed..sometimes it was Fibro sometimes definitely not,be careful the doc doesn't automatically blame Fibro..some can be good at that..unfortunately we have to take our health in our own hands a be very proactive and quite stern with doctors sometimes,,,hooe you get some answers very soon loopy jean..be blessed..have a lovely day..:-) xxx
    • Posted

I hit the wrong buttom again.....for discussion.

just want to say that you are pretty mocksey...........if that's a word anymore. That is to say that I admire people like you.  We have talked before.

• Posted

hi david this is the first time iv been on here.but came on because i needed to learn more about my illness.
    • Posted

Yes I do remember you David, God bless you..have a lovely day...:-) xxx

must look up that word..have never heard of it..but I do think I know what it means...let you know..xxx

• Posted

Looked up  that word...could only find the slang for it???

= Moxie...we learn something every day..you just never know what you'll learn on the blog..lol.:-) xxxxrolleyes

• Posted

Hi loopyjean;   ( I just typed in an answer, and it went AWOL.....so hoping you don't get two the same).....why Loopyjean (you don't sound loopy to me...just concerned).......what does the Pain feel like   ....sore/hot/red/numb/tingling?....and when you say "felt as if it was going to fall off?"   why?   no feeling in leg?..

​We all get this numbness/tingling in arms/legs (some call it Restless Leg Symdrome), and yes it can be very annoying when lying down, and mine do become Very Weak when walking long distances/shopping centres (my reasons for not going too often now)......I wear TED stockings or Tubigrip on my extremities when lying down, or arms if aching....how this helps, am not sure; as we know that these are used to increase circulation, and maybe this is what is needed to increase the blood flow to the muscular cells for energy synthesis???    Many of us also add Magnesium tabs to our daily diet/meds as this also helps......

​If none of this connects with what you are feeling (especially if pain is red/hot and in one particular spot of R) leg)....then yes, it maybe best to have it checked out with your GP/carer....and Do make a Point of him/her taking a Look at same, for it could very well be something else, and not related to your Fibro at all (actually you don't say if you have Fibro, do you? or have I missed you on this site, from another input???).....rolleyes​Bron

• Posted

yes i have fibo.the tingling i wonderd what that was thank u for telling me about that to.i hardly sleep because i wake up in pain.iv just started haveing my grandchildren now i have to walk quiet far to get my grandson from school which i hardly ever walk if i could get out of it.maybe i am using muscles that i didnt befor i never thought of that.
  • Posted

I experience extreme dizziness but my pain is more in my shoulders and hips (except for the current abdominal pain) - I think dizziness is a symptom of fibro from what others have said.

It doesn't sound stupid at all. Sending you hugs

• Posted

Hi loopyjean I suffer alot with dizzyness, balance is poor and pain in both legs, sometimes the pain is more in the right than the left. Im never free from pain in both my legs and back. my mobility is quiet poor. My gp has examined my legs isnt unduly worried. Any symptom you have and your worried about its always worth seeing your gp. Just incase anything else is going on health wise. Drs seem to blame fibro for everything, but their are times when its not fibro related. I would get checked out by your gp, then you will have peace of mind. take care  
    • Posted

thank you.i am learning a lot about the illnees now.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.