Pain in my tooth 7 days before period

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello

Im trying to like keep track of this perimenopause and this morning out of the blue this upper molar start hurting and the endo work on the tooth in december and check in the tooth multiples time no sign of infection and my period is due in 7 days and on top of it i cant take any motrin and my hiatal hernia flare and i havent eaten real food in almost a month. im here crying and depressed .

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a root canal in that tooth?

I started having bad pain in my upper molar which had a root canal and crown. Xrays at the dentist showed nothing. The pain intensified. I went to an oral surgeon who did ct scan and looked at the tooth from different angles. Finally found the crack in my tooth. Apparently root canal teeth can become very brittle and crack. Unfortunately the only answer was extraction.

Tooth stuff is the worse, sorry you are having troubles.

I think my teeth issues came about because I'm so stressed from being so sick for so long and it causes me to grind and clench all the time. Have to constantly remind myself to stop clenching.

• Posted

yes i did a root canal in december and the pain comes and go. im also so stress and depressed im here crying the dentist and endo cant find infection or nothing he think there is a 4th canal but it calcified. im going NUTS . did you had a bridge or something? i have an appointment tuesday .

• Posted

i forgot to ask did you had stiches ? how long was the recovery . im so desperate .

• Posted

Having a tooth pulled isnt as bad as you think. This last one I was put to sleep but I've also had one pulled awake and it wasn't bad. Worse part was the numbing needles.

You would have self dissolving stitches, takes about a week to heal. My husband had a tooth pulled and was eating sushi same night. I'm more of a baby and took it easy. I have to be careful about my stomach so when taking advil I ate plenty of mashed potatoes or pasta, and everything was fine, didn't kick up the old gastritis.

The molar I recently had pulled was my very back one so I'm ok with no tooth there. The other one was a second molar so I've had a carlson bridge put in to fill the gap.

My husband does implants, I just havent wanted to go that route but if i lose any more I think I'll have to.

I was so relieved to get that tooth out. It was not infected. Oral surgeon said when the tooth cracks it affects the ligament which causes the pain.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

• Posted

hi there - i know you said your tooth hurt, but have they ruled out TMJ. i also want to say that about a year 1/2 ago, i had horrible achiness on my left upper side of my mouth/teeth for about a week & 1/2. Of course it first appeared when i was away for the weekend & i thought i was having a heart attack or stroke or something. i had had no recent dental work & it was more of a jaw bone ache than tooth ache. My post menopausal friend suffers horribly from her teeth aching & finds taking calcium supplements relieves it. i hope you figure it out, not fun to be in pain.

• Posted

i had a root canal and i had a pain there yesterday and today is gone. is crazy i used night guard as well but i havent used is a few weeks . im seeing the dentist tomorow

• Posted

hi Debra

im on second day of my period but i start my tooth upper and lower hurt again . hurting again is like achy pain and goes away is crazy.

• Posted

i swear, it just must be hormones - they just wreck havoc on everything -

• Posted

is weird is on the bottom when make contact and i garanteed id i go to the dentist it stop hurting . i think they take pictures every month. and last time was right before my period . im over it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.